VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to get the r32 serviced just for peace of mind more than anything then I know what atchualy has been done and when

So how much do people reckon oil / filter, plugs ,gearbox oil, haldex oil filter, brake fluid, fuel filter, and pollen filter etc

just want some sort of idea before I have a ring round?

Thanks
kraig

·
2,665 Posts
Roughly at a dealers (and prob independant too)
300 major service
100 haldex service
130 DSG..not sure about manual
Prob 500 all in give or take!

Im paid up on a vw service plan and cant remember the costs

Random independant link to jbs who quote prices...maybe a handy benchmark
http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/content/5/

Dealers use the longlife oil for what its worth.

·
19,389 Posts
Circa £450 - £500 depending on labour rate

·
Registered
88 Posts
Roughly at a dealers (and prob independant too)
300 major service
100 haldex service
130 DSG..not sure about manual
Prob 500 all in give or take!

Im paid up on a vw service plan and cant remember the costs

Random independant link to jbs who quote prices...maybe a handy benchmark
http://www.jbsautode...o.uk/content/5/

Dealers use the longlife oil for what its worth.
Hi there,
Referring to the VW service plan, I took one out this year for my 40000 mile service later this year. Will this cover most of the cost or will I need to chip in for any other expenses?

·
19,389 Posts
Hi there,
Referring to the VW service plan, I took one out this year for my 40000 mile service later this year. Will this cover most of the cost or will I need to chip in for any other expenses?
You will have to pay extra for Haldex service, DSG service (if DSG) and brake fluid change. Service plan only covers oil, filters, plugs and labour.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You will have to pay extra for Haldex service, DSG service (if DSG) and brake fluid change. Service plan only covers oil, filters, plugs and labour.
Thanks

·
1,357 Posts
Also covers MOTs

·
Registered
0 Posts
For a major Service, over the counter i was quoted 670 and that was for everything. Service, Oils, Filters, Haldex, Brake Fluid and some other bits that is in the major list.

Rang around to get it dropped and ended up price matching with the dealership for £540.

Hope this helps but it's well worth bargain hunting.

·
2,665 Posts
Hi there,
I know the £299 plan you are probably talking about (2 year plan) inc 2 services, 2 mots and brake fluid. I had that and when it expired im not sure if they BSd me but they gave the impression that had ended. (it was a bit too to good to be true at the time). It seems owners are still taking them out.

However, since then i signed up to a pay monthly plan...i specified whats included over how many years/miles etc...mine includes everthing....the total got haggled down a few hundred and then it divides to about £30 per month via DD.

Id presume it will just cover your major service and not the extras.

·
19,389 Posts
I know the £299 plan you are probably talking about (2 year plan) inc 2 services, 2 mots and brake fluid. I had that and when it expired im not sure if they BSd me but they gave the impression that had ended. (it was a bit too to good to be true at the time). It seems owners are still taking them out.

However, since then i signed up to a pay monthly plan...i specified whats included over how many years/miles etc...mine includes everthing....the total got haggled down a few hundred and then it divides to about £30 per month via DD.

Id presume it will just cover your major service and not the extras.
When I bought my Scirocco, I took out one of the £299 service plans which included the first 3 services and the brake fluid change at 3yrs, although won't get the brake fluid change at 3 years because my 3 services were up in a year, because of my mileage.

The current 2 year (20k miles) service plan costs £379. Details are on the VW website. Car must be less than 8yrs old when taking out the plan.

·
2,665 Posts
Might have that £379 plan again next time! The salesman obviosuly gave me some BS on the last one! Got an ok deal but not as good as 379..

I can cash my VW plan in at any time, transfer to another car and so...its more a mini savings pot pre-calculated that gets topped up and emptied as you go along...works ok in principal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts