VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
192 Posts
I have found and pick up a Mk5 next weekend.

I have been looking at getting an exhaust, remap done asap. Now I'm thinking Milltek non res cat back, Lucifer de-cat pipe, if he has any, but I have a question about manifolds. Now choice would be Milltek's but see that Dubpower make some too at a lot less money.

Is it worth fitting manifolds???

Does anybody on here have Dubpower manifolds???

Is there much difference between them???

Will you see much gain with have manifolds fitted???

G

·
I've spoken to dub power last week there out of stock of r32 manifolds and don't know when they will have stock of them ....

·
2,097 Posts
Allegedly your supposed to get around 25-30bhp extra with manifolds, sport cats, cat back and a map. Not sure about decat. It all differs but the main thing is the drive will be a lot more responsive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Typical that Dubpower don't have any and if they don't know when they will normally mean they never will again.

So do Mk5 manifolds flow better than Mk4's??

Would just fitting downpipes, decat back be the best way to go??

·
Registered
70 Posts
i looked in to having manifolds fitted to my mkv by revelution in gateshead but was told you get very little gain in bhp as the standrd manifold is big enough it is also expensive to have it done about 6 hrs labour as the whole front end has to come off so im going to get the milltek sports cat fitted already have milltek resonated exhaust fitted with forge induction kit

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
I have been looking at getting an exhaust, remap done asap. Now I'm thinking Milltek non res cat back, Lucifer de-cat pipe, if he has any,
I am picking up four Mk5 de-cat down pipes and one Mk5 200 sports cat pipe this week. I also sell complete mk5 none res and resonated exhaust systems. I don`t have any Mk5 exhausts as sold the last to Wakky and waiting for more to be made.

Reactions: Jimmy

·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am picking up four Mk5 de-cat down pipes and one Mk5 200 sports cat pipe this week. I also sell complete mk5 none res and resonated exhaust systems. I don`t have any Mk5 exhausts as sold the last to Wakky and waiting for more to be made.
That great news.

I have sent you a Pm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts