VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't matter how careful i am I always end up with bit of marring after washing.

I use 2 bucket method etc and dry using a giant micro fibre towel and i pat it dry i dont rub it across.
If i polish/wax paint after, the marring disappears.

So my thought is maybe i'm using too much shampoo in the water and thus leaving it behind on paint?
Any truth behind my theory maybe? Suggestions?

·
Registered
363 Posts
It could be caused by a number of things mate..

It could be that your washmitt or drying towels have some grit or smal particles stuck them, causing the marring.

It could also be that it is always there, but when you polish/wax it it temporarily disappears as alot of products these days have fillers which hide the marks, but then once you rewash the car you remove the product from the scratches.

Shouldnt be a shampoo problem though..

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It could be that your washmitt or drying towels have some grit or smal particles stuck them, causing the marring.

It could also be that it is always there, but when you polish/wax it it temporarily disappears as alot of products these days have fillers which hide the marks, but then once you rewash the car you remove the product from the scratches.

Could be my Mitt, it is a Dodo Wookies fist, and to be fair its 3 years old at least, kinda falling apart :/ As said drying toewl is a mirco fibre one and i dont rub it across paint. always pat it dry. :/

I'm clearly doing something wrong just not sure what and it black so shows everything!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'd get yourself a new mitt for starters, I always use a Uber Drying Towel from i4detailing which is like a huge soft towel, much better than microfibre I find.

But as I said it could be marring thats there and you just fill and then it comes back when washed. May need to get it machined, waxed and then keep on top of it with your new products.

For shampoo I use Dodo Juice Born to be Mild, or Auto Finesse Lather, no probs with either of them! Probably safer than the mucoff stuff though!

·
Registered
927 Posts

This filers disappearing could be the main problem. I experienced very similar issue. I ended up stripping full car back and using poorboys black hole topped by jeatseal 109 then a coat of dodo wax. The marring basically disappeared. it will return at some point as the black hole is only filling. Next step for me is a complete machine polish.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Wez

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd get yourself a new mitt for starters, I always use a Uber Drying Towel from i4detailing which is like a huge soft towel, much better than microfibre I find.

But as I said it could be marring thats there and you just fill and then it comes back when washed. May need to get it machined, waxed and then keep on top of it with your new products.

For shampoo I use Dodo Juice Born to be Mild, or Auto Finesse Lather, no probs with either of them! Probably safer than the mucoff stuff though!
Yer i thought that, probably half the problem, ill get a new mitt. So the drying towel ok, so do u still dab it dry or run across paint with that??
Cool i try some born to be mild. most of my products are Dodo anyways. I Haven't polished with machine for probably 3 years now. to be fair it only really last few washes this has happened. Ill try some of these suggestions

·
Registered
363 Posts
I personally dab dry still, saves dragging it across the paintwork and the chance of causing more marks.

BTBM is a wicked shampoo!

Yeah get the machine out, get some Fast Gloss 400, on a Orange Hex logic, buff them out, and either use a finishing polish, or just go straight to wax. Tbh ive not needed to use a finishing polish with FG400 as its a high gloss/high cut polish anyway!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts