VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mate of mine has just bought 1.8T 180 and wants to upgrade his dump valve. Said I would ask on here for some help for him. If anyone can oblige wth a couple of suggestions and roughly what price he should be paying I would appreciate it. Thanks as ever guys.:adore:

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Right this is from my old 1.8t gti days so bare with me ,

The most popular choice tends to be the Forge 007p diverter valve which isnt as loud as some. Seems to get the best ratings from the 1.8T tuning boys.

However if he's after something louder then i'd suggest a Baileys atmospheric.

Baileys DV's have been around for years and are more suited to the Scooby scene IMHO.

Dump valve - Dumps the excess pressure to the outside or "to atmosphere". The dump valve typically produces the characteristic "Ppsssshhtttt" sound as it dumps the pressure to atmosphere.

Diverter valve - Diverts the excess pressure back into the intake.

IIRC, the dump valve types can be used on some of the early cable throttle (non DBW) AGU engines without problems, but the later DBW (Drive By Wire) engines it can cause running problems. I think ! so don't take that as set in stone !

Prices are about £85 for an APR one and Forge is around £75 .

Hope thats helped, my memory isnt what it used to be . :D

G

·
Hi,

Forge 007P is the popular choice and it is a diverter valve, dump valves upset the 1.8t's and tend to cause a stutter and error codes due to the differences in measured air volume's if vented to air.

007P's are about £79.50 delivered from e-bay store's, etc.

You can go for a 'Splitter valve' if you want more of a traditional dump valve sound which vents around 40% whilst still keeping the ECU happy, full on atmospherics tend to cause more hassle than their worth.

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
go for the forge oo7 great product had one on my ibiza 20vt its the best out there, its still silent like oem but gear changes are better and reduces lag as oem valve is very weak.

·
1,432 Posts
There is a new forge valve available which somehow retains the characteristics of a recirculating valve but it dumps to atmosphere. Or to cut a long story short, it works fine with VAG engines and is atmospheric. Sorry I cant provide much more info, I would say give Forge a call or any Forge dealer to point you in the right direction.

G

·
Hi,

There is a new forge valve available which somehow retains the characteristics of a recirculating valve but it dumps to atmosphere. Or to cut a long story short, it works fine with VAG engines and is atmospheric. Sorry I cant provide much more info, I would say give Forge a call or any Forge dealer to point you in the right direction.
It's the splitter : http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=1703&product=FMDVSPLTR

I'm fitting one to an Ibiza Cupra later today, I'll let you know how it sounds.

Cheers

Neil

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a bunch guys, I will pass all this onto my mate, ater that its up to him. Cheers again.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
the split r vave stil isnt really loud like a proper atmospheric as it still needs to recirc so much, but its a nice not in your face sound

1 - 9 of 9 Posts