VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, just had a thought and would it be worth having a section where it has member locations, so there is a map of the uk and clicking on say a county or area a list of names of who lives there.

what do you reckon?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Could this be viewable by members only?

I know tripadvisor have interactive maps where you can pin on locations... didn't tyresmoke have a members map?

·
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah def members only and also perhaps a post limit and length of time on the board, so in a members sectin etc)

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
i have thought about this, implementing googlemaps api at the same time, some peolpe voiced concerns over how in depth the listing would be and then car thieves getting the locations. Im sure i can implement permissions though, ill take a look.

·
777 Posts
any particular reason for this Pomme? Am just concerned from the car crime point of view and the recent negative experiences. I know you're saying members only but still is a bit of a risk. What would be the benefit of it? Most regular users put their location in the left column anyways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did Skiboi find anyone to chip his R32 in NZ, I'm in Auckland NZ too, and have a factory Silver 03 r32 from Giltraps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts