VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've had the .:R for 3 months and at 4.00AM this morning it attracted it's first lot of undesirables. 3 hooded youths attempted to remove the side skirts with the result of snapping one in half which woke me up and caused them to flee the scene. In retrospect it may have been better to have rung the police first but of course your first thought is to scare the b'stards off. Nothing else on the car was touched (thankfully) and the bodywork has no marks at all (not sure whether their 'skill' is to be admired or not) but it does seem strange that they only wanted these items. One of the beggars must have a MkIV and thought they would look better on his rather than on mine. Insurance is going to pay but I still have to fork out for the excess. What I don't understand is why take the risk for a couple of hundred quids worth of plastic???

Attachments

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
The little feckers, if you see them again I hope you are able to split their heads in half.

This really gets to me and if it happened to my car I'd probably go completely mental. God help anyone who tries it on with me.

Hope your excess isn't too much, and that you're able to get it sorted soon mate. At least they didn't do any other damage, luckily.

·
Registered
267 Posts
This vandalism is sickening.

I won't swear but it makes you want to. :mad:

Perhaps castrating the offenders might work.

G

·
If they have to do it all hooded up and at 4 in the morning I'd have to question whether 'castration' is at all possible with idiots like these.....!!!

Sorry to see this. I struggle to get my head round why people don't have respect for other peoples property and especially things like a car that someone has so obviously worked hard to buy.

Humanity is doomed......... :viking: :sheep:

·
3,137 Posts
little scrotes. they should be steralised(sp) at birth

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Why do we have idots who cant pay for parts themselves (Bet if they could have removed them in one piece they would have been put on ebay),As dought they would have a Mk5 Golf,
Best of luck with sorting out your car

·
264 Posts
One word....chavs...unlucky mate and best of luck...if you see them just put a hood on and sort em out!

·
4,328 Posts
Its a shame to see things like this dont to other peoples property. But i def think its a blame with schools and legislation on schools that has caused this. For instance t fellow teacher was hit by a pupil a month or so before christmas. Did the pupil get arrested for assault, no? Did the pupil get excluded, no? All becuase it was done in school, and also becuase there wasnt enough evidence on the pupil to proove the school couldnt help him. Now the teacher has to continue teaching the pupil knowing he beat the s**t out of her. So if we teach kids they can get away with things at a young age they will just comtinue doing it through life :(

ps sorry for the rant :(

·
3,732 Posts
nope, i agree with you there completely pomme

sorry to see that damage though, to some people the world is their free shop with everything for the taking..... makes me mad, hope you get it sorted ok without too much expence to yourself mate

maybe look into getting one of those cheap motion recording cameras for your house to point at the drive, cos now they know where your car is etc etc. either that or a trunk monkey

·
4,328 Posts
I have always thought of having a few bullet video cameras on the car which if they detect motion display on a led motion screen 'im watching you' :) :) :)

I think that would keep the little thiefs away.

·
3,732 Posts
they have similar onboard and exterior cameras on some cars in the states to lay blame in any insurance claims, brings preiums down. they out to have them here

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the support. I had my E30 M3 parked on the drive for 11 years without so much as a scratch from gits like these (although my wifes E30 325i was attacked in broad daylight by some youths who wanted the £11 badge off the back ...). The silver lining must be that now I have to have a new skirt repainted I should be able to get the battery and engine cover done at the same time (something I have been planning on since day one). Still won't stop me breaking some fingers if I catch the beggars if they are stupid enough to try it a second time although the curb stomp that Edward Norton does in American History X has always had it's attractions as a deterent to car theft ... (sorry, this last comment may be a bit extreme but I've had a couple of beers and I'm still p155ed off). Hopefully my swearing won't fall foul of the forum policy as it's directed at the general scum of humanity ... apologies if it does

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
w4nkers. beats me why they didnt just try and unscrew them as they wont be any use cracked. if i saw them again it keep the old skirt around and hit them over the head with it. god idea about the motion light. something ill have to think of after my car got egged!

·
196 Posts
sorry to see this. F*#king little tossers, i had my merc de-badged and keyed to the steel a few years back and I hid out for weeks with my 4 iron waiting for them to come back but the cowards never did

·
1,184 Posts
i'm with pomme, i got kicked in the blx before xmas by a 14 year old pupil, he got one day in exclusion room and now thinks it is hilarious, can't wait for parents eve, ...he gonna get all f****d up! ;) good luck getting it sorted

·
748 Posts
Sorry to here that mate, I had my avic x1 stollen out of my car! I know how you feel.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I feel your pain, mate. All I can say is, get used to it. My R32 was kicked and keyscratched again last night. This is the third time vandals have had a go at it in the 8 months I've owned it. When I bought the car, I never expected, or budgeted for, £500 bodyshop bills every 3 months. It's going up for sale as soon as it comes back from the 'shop. :crying:

·
287 Posts
Apparently the R32 attracts a lot of attention from the wrong sorts, a lot of owners I've spoken to have had their cars keyed, kicked, wipers broken in half and wing mirrors smashed off amongst other things.

Hope I'm one of the luckier ones, but preparing myself for the worst seeing as I'm young and drive a nice car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts