VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I picked up a 2007 R32 a few weeks ago to replace a Clio 182 Trophy. Whilst the car is superb, it's currently running an MFD2 head unit.

This isn't ideal: the sat nav is woefully out of date, I can't seem to connect my iPhone 5 to the unit (even using the lightning adapter), and I'd quite like DAB.

So, could anyone please suggest a head unit with:
- bluetooth
- DAB
- better sat nav
- DAB
- iPhone 5 connectivity (for charging)
- ability to make phone calls
- ideally connecting to steering wheel controls + the dashboard satnav display

I'd quite like to stay OEM if at all possible. If anyone on here runs a shop around London/SE England, please PM me.

Cheers
Gareth

·
Registered
102 Posts
Get yourself an RNS 510

Job done

its on version H at the moment (i think) but you can pick up earlier versions if you dont want to part with as much cash

·
19,389 Posts
N13KKF (Nick) is the guy you want ti speak to regarding an RNS510.

·
774 Posts
I had the MFD2 and upgraded to the RNS510 and bought from Nick on here, top bloke and it is a great system. Only thing is it wouldnt have DAB or iPhone connection your looking for.

You can buy Bluetooth and iPhone / iPod kits, but this will cost you upwards of an additional £200 over the unit just for the parts.

There is an RNS510 with DAB, but from what I hear these rare, and costs upwards of £1000.

Kenwood do a VW system with Satnav, Bluetooth, DAB and iPhone / iPod connection all built in and VW install it too for just over £1000 I think.

http://www.kenwood-e...r/vw/DNX521DAB/

·
861 Posts
for the use and charging of an iphone you need an MDI kit, i sell them if you need one pm me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts