VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has had the same issue as I'm having. The star button used to mute/pause my RNS510 stereo but has recently stopped working. I have been messing around fitting cruise control so have had the wheel off a few times (long story!) but thought it might be a connection issue. I had thought taht all buttons are on the same connection being a canbus system and assumed each button just sends a different message but might be way off the mark. I have also been trying to get a Bluetooth module to work so may have coded the button wrongly by mistake. All other buttons are still working so the connection is problem good.

Can anyone help me to work through the proper coding of this? How should the wheel be coded by default?

· Registered
3,691 Posts
When you go to coding it should tell you the numbers to put in for mfsw with cruise control. I dont know the actual number i can try later and see if i can work it out.

Also what bluetooths have you tried? The phone button & star button wont do anything with a new bluetooth unit unless u also get the fis controld gateway which converts white to red. The star button may do voice control without this anyway.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.