VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

2,752 Posts
Better him than some innocent person he would have inevitably killed. Idiot

Poor car!

18,487 Posts
Yes, another sad story. I was following it all day yesterday as details transpired.

I started driving when you didn't have to wear a seatbelt but it is second nature now. I would never consider driving anywhere without a seatbelt on.

Very sad for his family and the passenger who had a lucky escape.

2,712 Posts
sad to see, i fee for his family's loss. cant be easy to lose your father at such early age.

it makes you wonder if these super cars are actually safe?? i know the zonda is made of pure carbon fibre to weigh next to nothing, but too many of these stories of super cars getting written off and the drivers either leaving or seriously injured!

another problem is owning a super car or a fast car does not make you the next micheal schmacher or a super driver.

Reactions: Paul_N and SVK

2,752 Posts
sad to see, i fee for his family's loss. cant be easy to lose your father at such early age.

it makes you wonder if these super cars are actually safe?? i know the zonda is made of pure carbon fibre to weigh next to nothing, but too many of these stories of super cars getting written off and the drivers either leaving or seriously injured!

another problem is owning a super car or a fast car does not make you the next micheal schmacher or a super driver.
They are very safe, all supercars go through the same crash testing and standards that normal family cars go through. They did say that the passenger who wore their seatbelt walked away from the crash.

· Flaccid Member
1,788 Posts
It would have been perfectly safe if he wasn't driving like a [email protected]@t in a 30 , shit happens in life , he's now dead life carries on

· Registered
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Supercar structures are incredibly robust/safe, accidents that can result from their performance require that. But nothing can safeguard you 100% from danger.

They say the Maclaren F1 was the first car ever to be able to drive away, from the 30mph crash test headon into a concrete slab.

· .:R32OC Site Contributor
3,156 Posts
Apparently he'd been driving like a complete idiot. Everyone knows that driving a Zonda like an idiot in a 30mph environment equates to nigh on triple figures, crash anything into a stationary object above 60mph (and i suspect he was doing considerably more) and it's gonna hurt, combine that with no seatbelt there's your answer.

I went for a blast in a friends GT2 and he nailed that in the middle of Bristol city centre, 80mph flashed up in seconds. Not clever...

2,641 Posts
There a time and place were to floor it.
Not in a built up.
If you read the story coverd by the sun, it states he only just had it the zonda for week. By the sounds of it.
He floored it and spun out.It looks like a straight road or long curving bend by the photo took.
A seatbelt saved my life in a car that rolled 6complete rolls might i add, but i have heard were not wearing the seat belt all so saved the other people life mind different circumstance.
Regardless this guy had a peach of a car, so cleary was not use to the new power delivery of that car which in turn caused his life.

Regards
Vrt

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

G

·
sad for the family etc, agree with whats been said above really. His family now have to carry on, millionaire or not it wont make it any easier. Similar thing happend to my missus on saturday, her ex boss was helen green the interior designer and she died of cancer at 50, my missus has been meaning to meet up with her for years for a chin wag and some drinks never got round to it and never will now, shes upset and I said perhaps this your wake up call in life that dont put anything off you want do, shes pretty cut up with it all, 50years old isnt old enough not in this day and age.

430 Posts
not nice to hear and feel for the family as i lost my dad nearly 5 years ago and yes it is hard but yes life does and has to go on,i have been stupid myself when i was a youngen lol and had a couple of crashes but i dont agree with idots driving fast in 30s built up ares coz all it takes is a child to run out or to be walking on the pavement.as vrt says a time and place.
kind regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.