VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired a used Milltek non res centre section (at a bargain price) and just ordered a new Milltek backbox.
From looking at pics on the net, some company's show joining sleeves and brackets.
Do I need any brackets, clamps, sleeves or anything else to fit the 2 exhaust sections to my R32 MK5 ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
How much did you get your none res pipe for?http://ebay.roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk/images2/MilltekGolfMk5R32NonResSystemSSXVW133N1.JPG
This is everything you get with a full cat back system

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
£16.......bargain .

'Awesome' reckon that there is no brackets or anything else required but I'm not convinced.

Did you fit your system ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
There are no brackets.

Sleeves for cat back but obviously use a STAINLESS D clamp
The centre piece I have flares out slightly at either end aswell as having splits where the flares are which indicates that these are manufactured to slide over adjoining pipes. You can just make out the split on the right side.
So what is the sleeve for ?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone else who has fitted a Milltek to a mk 5 confirm what [if any] sleeves, brackets are required as I have had 3 different answers.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I didn't fit the exhaust myself but when I bought the centre section I got with it CHC73SS 73mm clamp CHC63SS 63mm clamp and F5083 145mm adaptor.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I fitted mine about 2 weeks ago, I got a resonated cat back, all I got with it was 3 massive almost jubilee clips, all the hangers were included and a reducer to attach to the standard cat, it was very simple to fit, the back box has an adjustable hanger which was handy, all you need extra is some exhaust paste to put between the joints

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I fitted mine about 2 weeks ago, I got a resonated cat back, all I got with it was 3 massive almost jubilee clips, all the hangers were included and a reducer to attach to the standard cat, it was very simple to fit, the back box has an adjustable hanger which was handy, all you need extra is some exhaust paste to put between the joints
Yeh an EBay bargain.
Looks like I will need to get hold of a reducer then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts