VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Milltek non-res and it sounds amazing. Have heard resonated Milltek and it sounds a little more mellow. To each his own. Once I figure out how to post vids I'll let you hear it through 3rd.

·
1,432 Posts
Check the videos of my R32 by clicking here to be taken to the appropriate thread here on www.r32oc.com

One video imparticular is of my R32 blatting along the coast road at Pleinmont here in Guernsey and you get a real sense of the awesome sound of the unresonated Milltek.

Go unresonated, I urge you :)

·
947 Posts
I spoke to Milltek about this (res or no res) beofre purchasing mine. They told me that people who had bought the non res exhaust after 6 months changed to the res exhaust. So on this reason I bought the res one and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your responses.
Any advice on where is the best place to buy from. Seen a bit of a spread in prices not sure why ?
Thanks

·
1,432 Posts
I purchased mine from www.awesome-gti.co.uk because they offer online ordering and as I live in Guernsey we dont have any places which would stock these types of items.

I originally ordered the resonated version and then as had been mentioned above, I soon changed to non-resonated as I wanted more vroom :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FiftyPenceR32 said:
I purchased mine from www.awesome-gti.co.uk because they offer online ordering and as I live in Guernsey we dont have any places which would stock these types of items.

I originally ordered the resonated version and then as had been mentioned above, I soon changed to non-resonated as I wanted more vroom :)
Did you have the resonated on or did you change before delivery.
Are both versions ok at Mot time.
Also how much would it be approx to fit ?
Sorry for so many questions
Thanks

·
1,432 Posts
Come to mention it I seem to recall taking delivery of the resonated version however in the time between ordering and delivery I had read many forums concerning the un-resonated version so decided to wait until I took delivery of the unresonated centre section before having it fitted. I still have the resonated centre section in a cupboard should I ever need it :)

We dont have an MOT system in Guernsey so I cant say, im sure some of the mainland-based guys with unres can confirm.

I think it was approx £20-£50 to have fitted although dont quote me on that. In addition bear in mind that price was exclusive of VAT as Guernsey is tax exempt :)

·
1,432 Posts
Id be interested to see someone get the EIP Tuning race series exhaust system. No front silencer and no rear either :)

·
79 Posts
Just bought a full Miltek non resonated system for £1,300 at http://www.shopwestec.com/ they are fitting it free for me. They deal with mainly VW and Audis and seem to know what they are on about. All thire techys are ex VW. Getting it Superchiped aswell. Wasnt going to boteher with any of this until a Black VW Golf GT TDI kept up with me until 70 odd..:fight:

·
616 Posts
I have the full system, manifolds back, with straight through. However with my mods it's far to loud and I'm thinking about getting it swapped out for the silenced pipe. Any idea if this is an easy job?

G

·
I have manifolds back too and an ST section and I love it, granted I don't have an SC or uprated CAMS. When I am drving anywhere near my house I short shift to keep the noise down.

Adding a silenced section is pretty easy I am lead to believe and only takes about an hour, you could do it with a set of axle stands and swap it out when you want it louder :151:

·
79 Posts
Looks like Im going to regret getting a nonresinated one then. Trouble is what do you do without hearing the two??They cost about the same..Discisions decisions, only orderd it today will sleep on it..

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
thats mine with the flap mod done i dont think it need to be any louder really. so how doest that compare to miltek systems?

·
748 Posts
I have the non res and I love it you cant go wrong with the miltecs!

·
1,432 Posts
I have a resonated centre section I listed on ebay but the buyer never paid so if anyone wants it just let me know. Asking £100 including delivery

1 - 20 of 23 Posts