VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all

i have a set of milltek stainless manifolds for sale - off a mkV, done approx 2000 miles (see pics), think these will fit on a mkIV as well, unless someone wants to correct me on that... - looking for £350

(i'm afraid i'm keeping the sports cats in the piccies - sorry!)

i also have the standard cats/downpipes for sale, again off a mkV - will only fit a mkV. done 12k miles - haven't actually seen it yet, but it should be in very good nick - looking for £150

also got the original clutch/flywheel off a mkV (again sure this will fit a mkIV) - only done 12k miles - looking for £150

i'm located in hereford for collection - all prices are for collection - postage will be at extra cost. i'm open to a little flexibility on the prices - but please don't take the pi$$...

i'm currently out of the country - but will be back for a couple of weeks in the middle of august, then back permanently after that at the end of september.

any interest/questions, you can get me on here, or preferably my more frequently checked email address - [email protected]

thanks for your interest

Pete

Attachments

·
1,036 Posts
Did you just buy this off ebay? I think it was the one I was looking at but this is for a mk5! Didn't think they would fit!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jackie said:
Did you just buy this off ebay? I think it was the one I was looking at but this is for a mk5! Didn't think they would fit!!
yes i bought them off ebay - want the cats for my corrado r32 conversion, but the manifolds are no use to me, so i want shot of them.

hmmmmm - i don't know enough about golfs to definitely say whether they will or won't fit a mkV - the engines are exactly the same between the two models though (save the map) and i can't see that vw would have revised the bulkhead that much between the two that one wouldn't fit on another...

i guess i won't know for certain until someone who's actually tried to fit them could post on here and say either way, but i really would be surprised if they wouldn't fit on a mkV... if someone wants to buy them off me and give them a try! - if they don't fit i'll happily have them back and give you a refund!

the sports cats are the same between the mkV and mkIV as they have the same number on - doesn't matter to me either way anyway, as i'm having a manifold fabricated for my car.

G

·
MKIV Manifolds (milltek on the left - stock right)

DanR32s

and MKV manifolds from RS32s old car (milltek top - stock bottom)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for that - looking at those pics, i still recon there's a good chance that the mkV manifolds would fit on a mkIV.....

does anyone know for certain?

·
4,328 Posts
pete_griff said:
the engines are exactly the same between the two models though (save the map)
not quite as there are quite a few other differences, such as stronger rods, pistons and valves etc in the mk4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pomme said:
not quite as there are quite a few other differences, such as stronger rods, pistons and valves etc in the mk4.
hmmm - didn't know that, cheers!

seems strange that they would downgrade between the mk4 and mk5 - odd?

(oh and bump! :biggrin:)

·
26 Posts
I'm really interested in the manifolds but need to be 100% whether they would fit or not, apparently the mk4 R32 Milltek manifold fits my V6 4motion, so if the mk5 R manifold fits the mk4 I'm in luck!!
I'm in Colchester/Essex though, where are you at?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chargedgolf said:
I'm really interested in the manifolds but need to be 100% whether they would fit or not, apparently the mk4 R32 Milltek manifold fits my V6 4motion, so if the mk5 R manifold fits the mk4 I'm in luck!!
I'm in Colchester/Essex though, where are you at?
hey there my friend i'm in hereford.

not trying to pressure you or anything, but i have a couple of people who are interested, so it's first come first served really - give me a shout about it if you like - 07888701877

Pete

·
26 Posts
I'm out of the UK until the 21st Aug, so will probably miss out on these then, however when I et back I'll get in touch mate as I'm sure they will fit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chargedgolf said:
I'm out of the UK until the 21st Aug, so will probably miss out on these then, however when I et back I'll get in touch mate as I'm sure they will fit.
that's fine with me buddy - i'm in no desperate hurry to sell them, especially as i'm not around for very long at the moment. like i said, it's first come first served, so if i have still go them when i get back (which is looking likely at the moment unless someone arranges to come and get them in the next week or so) if you are still interested, you're more than welcome to them

cheers

Pete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts