VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a standard r32 exhaust and liked the burble sound that followed so I cut resonator out and welded flapper open had a really nice NICE burble but wanted a little bit more and thought I'd go for a milltek non res as like knowing it's not standard and the tips were bigger to fill holes...........

Anyway I've put milltek non res on and it's lost the burble sound which i love.isn't as loud.it is brand new hoping wearing it in will help (milltek sounds less like v6 and more exhaust howl if that's how would explain it?. )I would say I preffer the sound of how I had it.close to putting it back on.????????????
Sound like the sound is only coming out left sidealso could I have issue? Heard people with other cars say they've had a faulty exhaust before??
Has any one else thought this or does there's burble nice with milltek non res?

Any ways to improve burble sound ?
Could there be issue?
No leaks.
Even when hot gets louder but still no burble.

Actually upset help peeps ????????

·
Registered
168 Posts
I too have the standard exhaust with the resonator removed, and after hearing videos on YouTube of a non res milltek, I decided to stick with what I got. Couldn't really hear too much of a difference between the two?

·
Registered
132 Posts
In what I'm thinking atmo... best sound is standard back res cut and flapper mod= best sound best sound = burble and louder ???? just needs tips bit bigger.
I agree, you can't beat the burble from the standard exhaust, did the flapper mod the same as you, but I decided to get 4" power flow tips welded on to replace the OEM ones, fills the cut outs so much better.

·
430 Posts
when i first got my car it had the miltek resonated on it,,,so i changed it to miltek non res but the drone was awfull!!!!

so then got a golf mk6 r ehaust which is basically the exact same as the r32 exhaust but with no mid box,,loved it at first but then found it to loud for every day ,so whent back to completely standard exhaust but with just the flapper mod and havent looked back once ,,,sound soooooo much beter than all the rest

bottom line is OEM exhast all the way,,,,any other exhaust just seem to lose that burble,,.,.,,.FACT!

i only have the flapper mod and i get no end of comments saying how nice my car sounds,,,,,,as before with the miltek non res it sounded quite tiny,,,and as for the miltek resonated sound total rubish ,,,bare notice any V6 noise with that at all,infact its quiter than OEM

OEM ALL THE WAY

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is exactly why im going to get a custom exhaust made, get them to make it sound exactly how i want. Milltek is far to raspy for my liking. Going to ask them to make it with a nice burble so it sounds very similar to standard with the flapper mod just louder and obviously more free flow.

Well thats my plan anyway lol.

·
Registered
780 Posts
This is exactly why im going to get a custom exhaust made, get them to make it sound exactly how i want. Milltek is far to raspy for my liking. Going to ask them to make it with a nice burble so it sounds very similar to standard with the flapper mod just louder and obviously more free flow.

Well thats my plan anyway lol.
when you find a place to fabricate it let me know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.