VW Golf R32 Forum banner

Milltek on the motorway

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  bhindibhaji 
#1 ·
In a couple of weeks I'm having Milltek non-res cat back fitted. I'm wondering what it will be like on the motorway. I want it to be fairly quiet when cruising at 80/90, only noisy when I give it some gas. Had a big back box on my scooby a couple of years ago and was awful for motorway driving because of it. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks,

Jo

#2 ·
I have a Miltec non res on my car and its fine down the motor way mate not to loud at all!

#9 ·
vealige said:
Mine is very loud when on gas and damn near silent when cruising. Best of both worlds really
:party:
Dito

#10 ·
Find it booms a bit at about 60ish. Quiets down tho after that.

#11 ·
When you want it to be loud, it is bloody loud :D But when crusing it's as quiet as standard, if not quieter.

You will love hard acceleration, the sound is just amazing :top:

#17 ·
OK will do. AmD is quite a treck to get to, more so now they have moved. I didn't realise until earlier today that they called in the receivers in February and got bought out by Big Boys Toys. I hope they didn't lose any IP or expertise in the process. Hopefully the good guys at AmD have moved along with the business!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.