VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oop soz lol .. probs shouldve said !! gettin a mk5 .. just waiting for my insurance payout anytime now then im definitely upgradin from my Focus ST to the mk5 R32 ..... just wondering on what peoples opinions/experiences are with any of the above
...... cheers!

· Premium Member
3,362 Posts
I had a resonated Milltek cat back on MK V DSG, sounded great at wide open throttle. Imo the stock system sounded better accross the range though. Best bet is to come to some meets and hear the various systems in action and make up your own mind.

You tube Vid are rarley recoreded with decent micophone set ups.

· Registered
1,447 Posts
Agree with Anakin, I prefer the stock exhaust generally. I had a non-res and although it sounded lush on start up and when driving fast etc but general driving it annoyed me with the drone. Loads would disagree though.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so - when hammerin it, the non-res sounds awesome? but for motorway driving / cruisin it can drone like a boy racer wagon .....

would you reckon the standard is most probably best suited to the car? .. quiter? more subtle - but still has head-turning exhaust notes right ??
lollllll

· Registered
412 Posts
See i hava non res on my mk4 and the drone really doesnt get to me when going long distance, you could just turn the stereo up
im used to noisey motors though as i drive a banger of a wagon for a living and the gearstick rattles like a hookers legs on a saturday night!

· Registered
29 Posts
i am lovin the sound of the non-res in all youtude vids, but never obviously had the chance to compare the 2 ..... is the non-reso it a lot louder then ?? like - waking up the neighbours loud when parkin it outside?!
or will it do that as standard anyway?! (clueless i am!)

.. what is this flapper mod you speak of !!!!!!

779 Posts
i am lovin the sound of the non-res in all youtude vids, but never obviously had the chance to compare the 2 ..... is the non-reso it a lot louder then ?? like - waking up the neighbours loud when parkin it outside?!
or will it do that as standard anyway?! (clueless i am!)

.. what is this flapper mod you speak of !!!!!!
Basically it allows both tail pipes to operate together on lower revs as standard it shuts one off. Loads on here about it!!

· Registered
1,447 Posts
so - when hammerin it, the non-res sounds awesome? but for motorway driving / cruisin it can drone like a boy racer wagon .....

would you reckon the standard is most probably best suited to the car? .. quiter? more subtle - but still has head-turning exhaust notes right ??
lollllll
For me and quite a few people I had in the car the drone was a bit much around 50-60 BUT that was me you may love it as a lot of others above seem to. Flapper mod makes a nice noticeable difference to the note and I am happy with the subtle yet still impressive sound from standard exhaust. Very much a personal thing though.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Harv32

· Registered
29 Posts
cheers mate, much appreciated.

and i know i must sound really dim (i am a complete rookie at all this) but is that the only part needed to change the standard exhaust to the non-res Milltek? that cat back can just replace the stock one & fits on? just that i seen in a thread that said the standard exhaust on the R32 is just one part, and the Milltek is split into 2?!
confused !!!!!!! & i cant find that post again to clarify !! any ideas what they meant by that?

18,486 Posts
The exhaust fitted to the car at the factory is one piece from the cat back as it is fitted before the rear suspension is fitted.

The replacement exhaust is 2 piece so it can be fitted without removing rear suspension components.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.