VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
How much and is the Res the quieter one?

·
4,420 Posts

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Is it worth going from flapper mod to Res Milltek?

·
4,420 Posts
Is it worth going from flapper mod to Res Milltek?
personal opinion, ive always thought res is quieter than standard, i tried flapper on mine before i went milly and it didnt make any difference, id say non res all the way but its not for some (im young lol)

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
personal opinion, ive always thought res is quieter than standard, i tried flapper on mine before i went milly and it didnt make any difference, id say non res all the way but its not for some (im young lol)
How young? Technically I'm still 25 for another few weeks

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Im 29 and have the non res which will be up for sale
Do you find it too loud? I'd like an aftermarket exhaust but it has to be nicer than the standard flapper without being annoying on the motorway.

·
1,152 Posts
Do you find it too loud? I'd like an aftermarket exhaust but it has to be nicer than the standard flapper without being annoying on the motorway.
no mate, ive gone FI on the MK5 and im having a full 3" custome exhaust made

·
2,204 Posts
I'd like an aftermarket exhaust but it has to be nicer than the standard flapper without being annoying on the motorway.
+1

I'm 40, therefore have had my fill of droney horrible exhausts over 20 years of VW tinkering! I'm not ready for my pipe and slippers yet though, hence buying an R instead of a Passat and a tweed jacket

Even the standard MK4 system is too droney for me. The silencer is too small.

I was slightly envious of the Focus ST's massive back box I walked past at lunch time. It got me thinking about seeing if it'll fit onto the R as they don't drone. One thing's for sure, I ain't paying Milltek £600 for a silencer. That's scandalous!

·
168 Posts
+1

I'm 40, therefore have had my fill of droney horrible exhausts over 20 years of VW tinkering! I'm not ready for my pipe and slippers yet though, hence buying an R instead of a Passat and a tweed jacket
Well I bought a passat:p Would also love a milltek but they don't do one for the old bus!
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
4,420 Posts
How young? Technically I'm still 25 for another few weeks
ah fair enough lol, ive just turned 23, it isnt too loud, it is amazing, it doesnt sound chavvy or droany, if it wasnt for the milltek i wouldn't enjoy my r half as much as i do, and im making mine louder tomorrow!

DO IT!

Reactions: L_O_Z

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had my mk5 r32 since january now and didnt like the quietness of standard exhaust so had my silencer cut out and replaced with a bit of stainless pipe and done flapped mod awsome sound prefer it to milltek oh and alot cheaper

·
Alien Member
1,328 Posts
I've got a non res Milly on a mk5 and I don't find it loud at all ...I've followed wez in his mk4 he also has non res Milly and Normal driving ( sensible ) I can hear his above mine
Does drone a little on the m/way ...but nothing that the radio doesn't cut out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts