VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of buying sports cat for my mkv and a stage 2 re/map is it worth the money for any extra power that i might gain if i have this done will the car have to be run on shell v/power all the time any help would be welcome

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I was thinking of this for a while and took the plunge and got a straight system on made up of a longlife non res cat back, and then a lucifer decat from the manifold back. It sounds incredible and the engine is so free revving now it's awesome. Combined with a stage 2 remap and a good induction kit you'll maybe see about 15bhp. That's what mine increased by.

The main difference is in driving it tho not rr figures. My car picks up from low revs and pulls right to the red line in every gear. Had it at 160mph indicated on speedo and there was still more there which suprised even me.

My mpg has also rocketed. My normal day to day driving between work, home and the golf course I got roughly 23mpg and now it's a steady 30 plus without trying too hard.

Lucifer is a member on here and a top bloke who gets systems made up for mk5's on here. Pleasure to deal with and no bs out of him and he does what he says on the tin.

Hope this helps

Niall

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
I sell Mk5 sport car for £470 delivered which several Mk5 owners on here are using if you want something much cheaper then the Milltek.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
If you go decat you'll need a stage 2 remap to get rid of the eml which will come on as the car thinks the cats are faulty.

Most stage 2 remaps need to be run on higher octane fuel to get the most out of it, but running on normal unleaded it will just pull the ignition back a bit it won't harm anything you just won't be running as smooth as you can be.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the quick and useful info the sports cats will be fitted to a milltek resonated exhaust i also have forge induction kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts