VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my car in December, got 12 months tax on it insured it thought all was well.
Received a letter last month while I was away at work from the MIB saying I had no insurance on my car.
However the reg they were quoting wasn't my reg, so I thought they'd got their wires crossed,
I was out giving the car a quick wash earlier and noticed the tax did had a different reg on it,
Alarm bells started ringing. Have I bought a ringer!!!???

Got the cars history book out, sure enough it's at not was a different reg, the one before that the car had a private plate,

Turns out when the garage went to put new plates on it before I picked it up, he lad at the garage opened the cars service book and spotted a reg and made plates for this reg,
However this reg had been mistakenly wrote in my service history, this reg also belongs to a black 3 door r32 just to confuse things even more!!

So at the end of the day I've been insuring another car for the last months that wasn't mine!
I've been lucky not to need to claim!!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Christ. So there's 2 cars with the same plate getting taxed and insured twice and yours none?!

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
That's crazy, but these sorts of coincidences can happen, guess you're just unlucky (or lucky) whatever way you want to look at it

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
L_O_Z said:
That's crazy, but these sorts of coincidences can happen, guess you're just unlucky (or lucky) whatever way you want to look at it
Ha, how could that ever be lucky for lee?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheempeej said:
Christ. So there's 2 cars with the same plate getting taxed and insured twice and yours none?!
Yeah am insured on another r32 somewhere out there! Hahaa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts