VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very tempted ,just booked a test drive for the weekend after next.

Is it worth taking the plunge on one? your comments please?:):crying:

·
3,137 Posts
tell you what they ain't cheap

·
102 Posts
I was tempted too and, though not cheap, it's a lot of car for the money (in a similar way - if different price bracket - to the Nissan GTR).

After reading the blurb in Evo I've been thinking of speccing myself up a mini john cooper works instead because I had a MCS when the new one first came out and it's a lot of fun at lowish speed. I'm beginning to feel frustrated (!) by how capable and solid the R is until seriously provoked, and reckon that would be even worse with the Evo.

·
2,548 Posts
Very good by all acounts. Good looks and performance are a winning combo. The service intervals are no longer every 4.5k miles which is a bonus. I'd wait to see which FQ models they're planning before making any commitment.

·
3,137 Posts
from the mitsi website upto FQ360 at the mo

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
davefish said:
Very good by all acounts. Good looks and performance are a winning combo. The service intervals are no longer every 4.5k miles which is a bonus. I'd wait to see which FQ models they're planning before making any commitment.
I was under the impression ffom the dealer they had been set already,fq 300.330,360?

·
5,616 Posts
Don't do it Lee, turbo the R instead :D

G

·
tamr32 said:
fast car not for me they feel as if thee made of tin cans RS4 is the way to go
Very true but nearly twice the price. My Dealer doesn't have a X yet but I'll be going for a drive as soon as it arrives. It looks amazing.

·
2,548 Posts
davefish said:
I'd wait to see which FQ models they're planning before making any commitment.
dubzter said:
From the mitsi website upto FQ360 at the mo
skeezie32 said:
I was under the impression ffom the dealer they had been set already,fq 300.330,360?
You guys are right, didn't realise these specs were out. FQ360 does 0-60 in 4.1 :eek: Full Specification

·
1,222 Posts
looked at the "full Spec" link and they said ...

Every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first

Now this is unlike Mitsi ???? Mistake or ???

·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Time's are changing, service intervals every 10,000 miles not every 10 minutes as before.

Also extra £400,3 years free servicing

G

·
skeezie32 said:
Time's are changing, service intervals every 10,000 miles not every 10 minutes as before.

Also extra £400,3 years free servicing
This is a major selling point for me. Very appealing.

·
1,084 Posts
Skeezie - I think you'll regret a rice-rocket after a Dub.

I moved here and bought a Scooby WRX (assumed German cars would be more pricy that Jap ones)

I really hate the turbo-lag in the Scoob, and the suspension is too hard. Would be OK if I was single, or my wife had her own car, but that's not the case.

The thing absolutely flies when on boost, but trickling along in traffic it's rubbish. Then the turbo comes in and it's warp factor 9.

Having come from a VR6 Rado, I just couldn't get on with the on/off power delivery of the Scoob in everyday situations. On the open road great fun though.

I then discovered that all cars are cheaper in Japan, so got my R.

A colleague has just got a black Evo-X and it looks like it means business.

Lightweight Enkei wheels, brembo brakes, recaro's etc etc, and the twin clutch gearbox (DSG style). He got the 280PS version, and it cost him........ just under 20Grand GBP. (4 million Yen)

He still hasn't taken me out in it, but the interior plastic looks pretty low rent to me.

I see quite a few GTR's on the streets around here (usually parked up - not seen one being booted yet) - I think they're pretty ugly tbh. Although obviously a major feat of engineering, and would love to test drive one. They're just under 50grand GBP here. - if I could afford it, I'd import a couple back to the UK myself. Has anyone seen one on UK roads yet?

Hope you enjoy the test drive, and have a decent sales guy with petrol in his blood. I'd like to see what you thought of it. (was thinking of testing one myself just for the hell of it).

Mitsu knew the service interval reputation was killing them, so we should be thankful they listened and addressed the issue.

On the whole, you can't knock this kind of car, it's just not what floats my boat as a daily driver.

350Z - more like it. (aside from lack of space)

Oops, sorry lads - bit of a long post. :D

·
264 Posts
There is a new evo x at the dealers here but its got a car cover and doesnt seem to have a spoiler aswell?? Kind of wierd....

·
748 Posts
I wouldn't buy a new one personally I would wait a year or two as they seem to depreciate very quickly. But they are an awesome a - b weapon not sure what it would be to like to live with though daily as most EVO's now are weekend toys :)

I would rather have a 911 or RS4 something with a bit more class then the EVO tbh

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.