VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and am going to be in the position to buy a mk4 very soon so I'm just seeing what is out there at the moment.
Would prefer a deep blue pearl mk4 but I might be tempted by the right black one but they have to be 3 door and be on standard wheels.

I'm based over in N.Ireland but don't mind traveling for the right car.
My budget will be what ever I and the seller thinks the car is wroth.

Thanks
Baz.

·
4,420 Posts
Hi mate thanks for the offer, but I would prefer one that hasn't been painted thanks any how.

Baz
can i ask why lol, if it has been painted then surely it will be perfect and chip free? thats a good thing unless im missing something

·
4,420 Posts
Maybe just me but I think re sprayed cars have something to hide. Not saying this one does I'm just not keen on them.
Each to their own and all that.
thats fair enough, but if it has been painted then the painter will actually know what was underneath, then you could contact them and find out? otherwise you will never know, and it may just mean that the car has been looked after and the owner has OCD, like me and cant stand scratches
which i think is the case if its from someone on this forum, we have issues!
but yeah i can sorta see where you are coming from, i just think if it has been painted then whatever is hiding has been fixed if it is a decent painter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats fair enough, but if it has been painted then the painter will actually know what was underneath, then you could contact them and find out? otherwise you will never know, and it may just mean that the car has been looked after and the owner has OCD, like me and cant stand scratches :D/> which i think is the case if its from someone on this forum, we have issues!
but yeah i can sorta see where you are coming from, i just think if it has been painted then whatever is hiding has been fixed if it is a decent painter
That's true pal, but what if a car goes to a painter who is friends with the owner they aren't going to tell you it's been hit. As his mate is looking it sold.
I would just prefer a well looked after car that hasn't been painted.

·
4,420 Posts
That's true pal, but what if a car goes to a painter who is friends with the owner they aren't going to tell you it's been hit. As his mate is looking it sold.
I would just prefer a well looked after car that hasn't been painted.
I would prefer a solid car that is *perfect* and hasnt been painted, but it is impossible to find a perfect car in this shitty country with the shitty roads, after 10+ years of abuse of salt, grit, mud and stones its gonna have some nasty nicks, well thats on a mk4 anyway, and if you do find one thats *perfect* it will have been painted at some point anyway probably (but i could be wrong)

·
4,420 Posts
oh and if hes a true mate then he should tell his mate it has had an accident
i would so he can make sure it hasnt been welded together, potentially saving my mates life

Reactions: Baz-D

·
4,420 Posts
I know what your saying mate! it's going to be a pain in the ass looking for the right one I like but I'm sure it will turn up.
yeah its a pain looking for the right one, i gave up and found the wrong one and made my project into making it the right one!, im nearly there

·
4,420 Posts
i have the right one!!!
but not selling
tell you what mate, yours is the right one, except it doesnt have a sunroof haha, apart from that id bite your arm off right now, i still want it though, i can always cut a hole in the roof

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.