VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the MK 5 R32 come with reverse activated kerb view adjustment on passenger door mirror as standard? and are they heated also? If you didnt spec your car with the luxury pack?

·
.:R32OC R-Fest Events Co-ordinater/Organiser
1,746 Posts
Heated Mirrors are part of the Winter Pack. Reverse activation was part of the luxury pack IIRC.

I bought the winter pack for heated mirrors, in hindsight I wish I'd just paid £50.00 for a pair of mirrors and saved myself £250.00. I've used the heated seats twice!!

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Nelson_R32 said:
Heated Mirrors are part of the Winter Pack. Reverse activation was part of the luxury pack IIRC.

I bought the winter pack for heated mirrors, in hindsight I wish I'd just paid £50.00 for a pair of mirrors and saved myself £250.00. I've used the heated seats twice!!
Well I have a mk4 and not sure as I have not has to use my electric heated mirrors yet but on a MK4 I assume its operated on/via the rear heated window switch as was my old VW TDI ?

·
1,957 Posts
caxton01 said:
Well I have a mk4 and not sure as I have not has to use my electric heated mirrors yet but on a MK4 I assume its operated on/via the rear heated window switch as was my old VW TDI ?
On the MkV it's a separate position on the wing mirror adjuster knob.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
Heated and rear park curb memory and they also fold, all be it a small amount, but if they didn't I wouldn't be able to get the car in my garage!! It's the winter and lux pack. One thing I also noticed the other day was that mine tint with the rear view mirror. I had the sun right behind me and it was dusk and everything tinted right down, driver and passenger mirrors along with the rearview mirror, very wierd sensation.

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does the passenger mirror reverse dip without the folding mirror option, if you only have parking sensors?

·
1,957 Posts
I don't think so. I believe the dipping and folding mirrors are part of the same option.

·
842 Posts
Jay I want your mirrors!! lol

wish they were transferrable to the mk4...folding, dipping and tilting sounds perfect!

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I take it that it can't be activated through the Highline computer?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
jaysR32 said:
Heated and rear park curb memory and they also fold, all be it a small amount, but if they didn't I wouldn't be able to get the car in my garage!! It's the winter and lux pack. One thing I also noticed the other day was that mine tint with the rear view mirror. I had the sun right behind me and it was dusk and everything tinted right down, driver and passenger mirrors along with the rearview mirror, very wierd sensation.
I'm in the same boat as you Jay. The car is probably the right size give or take a couple of mill either side to get in through the garage opening with the mirrors open. I'm just not that good.

If I can get it right, I can reverese the car out and as it's still rolling backwards and just cleared the opening, open the mirrors and press the remote for the garage door so that it starts closing. The neigbours think i'm mad.

·
5,499 Posts
modifiedmadness said:
I've found that the rear view mirror and drivers side mirror darken but the passenger one doesn't.
VW cheaped out. The very first mk5's had twin darkening mirrors, later cars only get the drivers one dimming.

Cheap ass vw.

Looked at retro fitting it to my friends mk5, but it does actually involve running a loom from the left mirror to somewhere, and also you have to fit a different relay/can bus thingy, so we found out.

He wasn't pleased, as our other mates early mk5 has them both dimming

1 - 12 of 12 Posts