VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the MK 5 R32 like when under hard braking, does it twitch all over the place or does it feel secure when braking hard?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
The brakes are sensational.

·
1,084 Posts
It really takes some getting used to, and I find it very scary the first time I brake when driving another car now.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
Awesome braking, I approached a roundabout after my first little fettle with a 1.8t A4 the other day and broke late with blip downs on the DSG and I can honestly say, I've never experienced anything like it. Amazing stopping power.

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats good to hear considering the weight of the car those brakes have to pull to a stop.

So just to confirm the car is stable under hard braking? the reason I ask some R32 owner on the R32 register forum complained about trhe car twitching when braking hard, wanted to know if this was a common trait with R32's or not?

·
2,808 Posts
I had to do a proper emergancy brake from about 120 ish when some twonk pulled out infront of me at about 50 on a dual carraigeway. The tyres were chirping but it was spot on, back end didnt go light or anything, was really impressed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts