VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone remapped their R32 with either of these companys? I have heard the gains are small but do you feel the difference?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
I have Revo stage 1.

Pretty noticable, another guy on here swears by his Revo though although he is running a milltek cat back with his.

·
748 Posts
I have a Revo stage 2 on my mk 4 R thats with cats and miltec and love it you can take you rev's to 7,500 rpm!

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good to hear, is that about 10 - 15 bhp over standard?

Also does a performance air filter help? without adding an exhaust? As the standard R32 exhaust sounds better than after market ones?

·
748 Posts
R32 mad said:
good to hear, is that about 10 - 15 bhp over standard?

Also does a performance air filter help? without adding an exhaust? As the standard R32 exhaust sounds better than after market ones?
Yeah its doese mate I have a carbonio! They say 10 to 15 bhp but I dont think its that much. An after market miltec exhaust souns much better than a standard R32 one!

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i'd probably go for the revo remap and air filter, but hearing other R32 owners from other forums complain that the throttle response is sharper but thats about it - such as one on Tyresmoke forum saying;

Basically stick a stock R32 next to a REVO'd (or any other mapped) R32 that only has the map, and you won't be able to separate them in a drag race.

so whats all your responses to this? do you agree/disagree?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would disagree...

I actually have revo on my Mk5 and it has transformed the car!!

Awesome software - car really picks up much quicker and just keeps going!

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So would you say it would accelerate off the line quicker at a traffic light GP?

What would the 0-60 time be once Revo'd?

·
276 Posts
yeah, because its all about traffic light grand prixs and 0-60's.

I know I spend all my time driving constantly stopping and blasting to 60 then repeating.

What about mid-range? acceleration in gear? etc Its all about driveability not who's got the biggest petrol-penis

·
347 Posts
R32 mad said:
Well just to make things interesting I came across this. Maybe standard R32's go quicker than 6.5 seconds quoted by VW.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39524
Yep - we're talking 5.5 seconds for a DSG equipped car according to Car & Driver Magazine:

PERFORMANCE C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 15.4 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 36.5
Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 14.4 sec @ 97 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 130 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 174 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.87 g
:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.