VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
842 Posts
probably not worth it mate

the cars differ a fair bit...try getting a copy of ELSA...that covers the R32

·
842 Posts
It's an electronic VW repair manual... borrowed it off a mate and installed it onto my pc...about 3 dvd's worth

it's got step by step guides of repairs, servicing, checks, etc...with all the pics..torques spec too

think you can get them off ebay

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I bought the Haynes as the trim inside / outside and certainly alot of the engine bits are the same.

Plus brakes and bearings etc .

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah right ok, cheers for the replies guys.

I'll keep an eye out for that on Ebay then.

In the meantime, a copy of the standard Haynes might keep me going - the reason I was asking, for now at least, is that I need to change my disks & pads all round and don't want to do it without some kind of guide. I thought (hoped...) that at least maybe the standard 4-cylinder cars might be the same as far as that was concerned...

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
I changed the discs on mine a while ago and did a "how too" with photos.If you look at that it shows what ya need to do to change them.
I was changing to Stage 1 ECS Discs but changing to standard is just the same

It posted HERE

·
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for that - yeah I did see that excellent guide you did but as far as I can tell it only covers the back end - I need to do all round and I haven't done it before.

I was actually hoping to get uprated disks but don't know what to go for - I was looking at EBC but they don't do Mk IV front disks and all the others seem quite expensive. Although VW ones aren't really much cheaper!

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
16vTej said:
It's an electronic VW repair manual... borrowed it off a mate and installed it onto my pc...about 3 dvd's worth

it's got step by step guides of repairs, servicing, checks, etc...with all the pics..torques spec too

think you can get them off ebay
Hi Tej,

Wel I looked on ebay and could not see anything at all.:frown:

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
Yeah that was just the back end but if memory serves me right the fronts are similar set up as in they are held on with allen bolts (7mm or 8mm).The caliper just lifts away the same as rear,,,and the fronts have a screw holding the disc on.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts

·
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heheh yeah, doesn't inspire confidence does it?!

I think it looks like the one though..

·
842 Posts
That looks like the right ELSA

might be worth hanging on until one in the UK comes up, although Estonia aint too bad!

·
595 Posts
I don't think it's an Estonian version, just someone with a DVD burner who is selling DVDR copies of it. :frown:

·
842 Posts
yeah sorry I should have made that clearer...lol

I meant a UK seller just so that postage is cheaper and it's less likely to go missing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts