VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

More to follow, I'm pre-posting this, knowing there's an international audience, to make sure that there actually is a market here in the US that will see my car.

Basicbasics:
2004 VW .:R32, MK IV, American model
87K miles
Blue (sorry, all, but is there any other color for this car?)
MagnaFlow exhaust, some other cat-back work (I will include photos)
chipped, plan to get her on the dyno within the month, will post the stats
leather seat option (Recaros), custom tail lights (again, will include photos)
brand new wheels, new tires as of January, new battery as of this month
stock stereo system (the Monsoon)
she has had two track days, performed extremely well, I will try to find photos or a vid of that
would include a cover, Thule bike rack set

Looking to get $22K.

I've not sold a car via a forum before, please let me know what info you guys would like to see. I mean, I'm sure anyone interested would like to drive her, but short of that . . .

Thanks!
E

R32 Pictures.JPG
DSC00918.JPG
DSC00914.JPG

Attachments

·
107 Posts
Welcome!

$22k = £14k which seems a lot to me?

Some more pics will do no harm

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Velj!

Yes, I realize that price may seem a bit steep, from where you're sitting. A couple points:

- Only 5,000 MK IV .:R32s were imported into the US. A good number probably don't exist any more (if anyone can tell me how many still do, I've wondered for years . . .). So, the value for a car in her condition is right around the pricing. There may be negotiation room (ahem . . .), but you all know how that goes

- I have done some work to the car, I forgot to mention addition of clear bra on the hood, pillars, even on the lip of the hatch (that part that always seems to catch scratches when you load things), and the bike rack and cover (while not adding significant cost to my asking amount) cost a pretty penny when purchased separately.

- She has new wheels (new, but the same as OEM), new tires as of January, and a new battery.

- She is cherry. Absolutely cherry. I take great care of the car.

And, ask and you shall receive, let me wash her this week (it's been a bit rainy where I live), and get you guys some more glamour shots. I'll try to include some of the engine compartment, too, so you can see the fun going on in there.

Cheers.

·
107 Posts
I do agree they are very rare cars!

We only have 4.7k R32's registered In the UK. Use this site you might be able to get the US numbers from it...

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_golf_r32

Maybe the US market is worth more, fair play to you!

But definitely get some more pictures up and just wait n see

Good luck with your sale

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
The seats are made by Koenig mate for the sake of clarity. Keep us up to date with how it goes.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The USA is a much bigger country with a population of 313.9 million (2012) and with 5000 Mk4 R32's to go round it will make them pretty much 5 times as rare as ours in the UK due to the fact the population of the UK is much much less being only 62.74 million (2011 source google)

saying that though!!! $22k is a very steep price!
Does anyone know how much it would cost to import and ship a car to the US? I know where im selling mine if and when it comes to that very shit time :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts