1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
25mm for the rear. 5-8mm fronts.

Reactions: Ndj16 and cpc32

·
5,496 Posts
From a handling point of view, I wouldn't suggest increasing the rear track by 50mm. you'd just induce more understeer

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive never used them I always wanted them on my m3 and in bristol seeing more and more VAG dubs my cars all standard looks wise been lowered just think it looks good wheels flush. Dunno what to do

CPC32 miltek melody

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Gti Fly said:
From a handling point of view, I wouldn't suggest increasing the rear track by 50mm. you'd just induce more understeer
Never noticed on my car. But I don't track it, just fast road.

·
4,420 Posts
25mm for the rear definately

i have 15s up front but i think they are too much, as james says 8mm may be more suitable, i think im gonna sell my 15s

Reactions: cpc32

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
I have tried 25mm, 12mm, 15mm and recently 20 on the rear here is my report

25mm make the wheels level with the arch,

12mm look nice and not in your face

20mm not much different that 25mm look wise but put the wheels in the same place as when you put 32 wheels on a standard golf ( I thought it made mine look like a replica) also mine when pushed did not handle as well

Now the 15's in my opinion are perfect they give a little stance but push the wheel out so that the top of the tyre is the same mm from the arch as the front, gives an OEM on steroids look

Also you will need to lower it

That's my opinion only other people have there own views

;-)

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have tried 25mm, 12mm, 15mm and recently 20 on the rear here is my report

25mm make the wheels level with the arch,

12mm look nice and not in your face

20mm not much different that 25mm look wise but put the wheels in the same place as when you put 32 wheels on a standard golf ( I thought it made mine look like a replica) also mine when pushed did not handle as well

Now the 15's in my opinion are perfect they give a little stance but push the wheel out so that the top of the tyre is the same mm from the arch as the front, gives an OEM on steroids look

Also you will need to lower it

That's my opinion only other people have there own views

;-)

Is that 15mm all round?

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Cheempeej said:
Nah he's got 15's on the rear, nothing on the front
Cheers mate