VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anybody know why my MK5 does not have front fog lamps, its reaaly bugging me.

Was it an option ?

I have seen another MK 5 on a you tube video "R32 Donuts" with what appear to be high powered audi RS4 style possibly xenon foglights, which look really nice.

Does anybody know of a retro fit for this or is it an aftermarket option ?

Thanks in advance

Tim

·
887 Posts
Hi Tim, welcome to the site - glad you got your posting problems sorted out!

The lights on the R in the video are audi LED running lights, there's a thread about them here.

I think the reason there are none on the MKV is that the bi-xenons are supposed to be more effective in the fog that traditional headlights. I'm not sure of the technicalities but i'm sure this is the case.

On more important topics we need details of your car - colour, mods, gearbox, pics etc! :xD

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the prompt response. I gotta fit me some of those, they look the biz!

My car is a 56 plate, 3 door Deep Blue, MK 5 manual, R32. It has a black leather interior and factory sat nav. It also has a Prins VSI Sequential LPG Kit, and a huge tank in the boot.

Only have one picture at the moment, how do you load it onto this site ?

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
Hello Tim

To put a picture up open a photobucket account( it's free www.photobucket.com).
Upload your picture onto therE and once it's on there your picture will be on the site with 4 lines under it.Copy the bottom line(IT'S THE ONE WITH AT THE START) in a post on here and your picture with show.

Hope this helps mate

·
2,808 Posts
LED daytime running lights from audi - 140quid...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BB6MX7mTK0&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j5T3p8yyvw&feature=related

·
2,808 Posts
There was a fitting guide on here somewhere, if you found a decent bodyshop/ customiser then I reckon they wouldnt be that hard.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
595 Posts
If it was me, I wouldn't bother. The R32 MKV has Xenon lights as standard and these are far superior.

We have fogs on the GT, but the Xenon's were an option. In hindsight and if I could have deleted the fogs on this car, I would have. Here's a picture of what they look like compared to the Xenons:

They are quite yellow and really don't add anything to the party in either the dark or fog. Hope this helps!

Prizes for whoever can spot the R32 in the picture. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts