VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've had a test drive of a MKV today whilst the MK IV was in for a service, wow very nice, now can anyone tell me?

How many miles to a tank are you getting? (V-power is my preferred fuel)

How many litres is the tank in a MKV?

Average MPG? across fastish A/B roads.

Wayne

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
250 miles to the tank.

Between 17-22mpg, up to 25 on the motorway.

·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear that's poor, urmm not very good at all.

Looks like the VXR may be staying then...pah!:unsure:

·
887 Posts
As Ed said, 17-22mpg is standard. My average is usually about 21, obviously depending on how you're driving. Most i've had from a tank is 270 and that was with a lot of driving on motorways and at 40-50 on back roads behind slow traffic.

Tank is 60 litres, vpower is 110p up in Glasgow so it's usually £60 per fill up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
320 miles per tank of Sainsbury's super and mostly driving around town. Not the greatest fuel in the world but I am having no problems with it.
Monkey

·
2,548 Posts
Obviously it depends on how you drive it but… If I keep close to 1500 rpm, feather the throttle, coast in gear and generally try to anticipate everything, I'll get 26+ mpg on my 40 min drive to work and that still allows me to drive faster than everyone else ;-)

When I'm on fast A/B roads in "who cares about fuel - not me" mode (regularly), I'll get mid teens. I honestly don't care though. The thrill it gives easily justifies the extra cost.

·
3,137 Posts
the avg for the MKV seems a bit down on what I get in my MKIV, maybe I'm just driving like an old woman but I don't think so. Regularly see 27+ on longish journeys

·
2,808 Posts
High speed stop and start hell that is Milton Keynes, I get about 14mpg when caning it and have never seen more than 22mpg.

·
11 Posts
I'm surprised that the consumption on my mkV is worse than my mkiv. I recall thinking I was going to run out one night on the way home from work in the mkIV and drove like a granny - trip was 30mpg+. In the same situation on the same road in a mkV I can't get near 30.

I average 26 MPG per tank, range 280 - 300.

I thought the FSi engine would be more economical than the mkiv, but it is noticeably worse! SO much so that I have an interview for a new job on Tuesday which would be a near 80 mile daily round trip. I can't think of a better car to do it in (ooh-err missus) but I don't know if I could afford it!

·
815 Posts
Im not too bad i live 5 miles from where i work round trip too, but i get between 19-23 mpg round town and when i go on the mway at about 65-75 i get 30-32 mpg.

·
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies people.

My MKIV currently has 235 miles showing on the trip with just under half a tank left, that was a journey back from Somerset and a taking the car to Shrewsbury for its recent service and MOT.

Looking to offload my VXR for a MKV but the trade in value of the VXR is an insult, so it may not happen:unsure:

I can get over 330 miles from the 60 litres in Vectra (2.8 V6 Turbo)

Cheers

Wayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts