VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,204 Posts
I've tried the search and couldn't find anything but is anyone running 17" wheels on their MK4?

I'm rather taken by these, especially as they clear the front calipers - http://www.neuspeed....ight-wheel.html

I'm just looking to reduce unsprung weight and improve the ride quality as the craters on my local roads are getting beyond a joke now. My local dual carriagways are the concrete variety as well, which are REALLY noisy.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I know a couple of people use 17's as winter wheels. They will be fine obviously if the RR is the same and you will need it slammed to get rid of some arch gap haha

·
19,404 Posts
I know a couple of people use 17's as winter wheels. They will be fine obviously if the RR is the same and you will need it slammed to get rid of some arch gap haha
If the RR is the same the arch gap will be the same

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
The only problem (if you even consider it one) us you will have to run big profile tires to keep the RR the same, which might make your car handle a bit worse but should be more comfey...

·
19,404 Posts
I mean in general with a 17'' wheel compared to an 18'm an the RR is the same all round
I know what you mean but if the tyre fitted to rhe 17 has a large enough sidewall to match the RR of the 18s then the arch gap will obviously be the same. Although the smaller wheel larger profile tyre doesn't look as good.

Reactions: PaulW

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm running 17" Porsche Twists on my 1.8T

ET 50 / 55 i believe and 25 mm PCD adapters......

7.5J front and 8.5J rears ........with a tasty 40mm stretch on the rears

They are for sale soon

Wez

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys

Not too keen on Porsche wheels on VWs, but cheers anyway Wez

Is 225/45/17 not the same RR as 225/40/18 then?

I'm not too bothered about unsightly arch gaps tbh. I've grown out of all that now

·
19,404 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.