VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well looking for some advice on which route I should take with regards to getting my wheels refurbished.

I have a Red MK4, so ideally would like something that complements the car as a hole.

I currently have three ideas:

1. Would be to go for a dark ish finish and then lastly have the outer lip done in red to match the car (Like in image one)

2. Would be to go again for a dark ish finish and then have the wheels diamond cut (Like in image two)

3. Would be a combination of 1 and 2. (Don't know if this would be possible)

Let me know what you guys think.

Ash

Attachments

·
3,137 Posts
no go on the red lip for me, black chrome finish would look good or black chrome with a polished face/lip (like no.2)

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
If i've ever learned one thing, it's that subtlety is key in making the right impression with anything.. I realise the car is red but adding a red lip to the rims is probably a tad much..

·
Registered
559 Posts
Personally I think the red lip makes them look cheap but it's down to what you want not other people. I'd go for just a dark color, like arthracite or black. Like mine :thumbsup: :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mmmm.... dont really like black rims on the car in my colour, this is why I went with the black and red lip to break it a bit.

But the more I think about it the more I think its better to go for number 2.

Going to have this done on Wednesday so any input would help.

Thanks guys.

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
I think red and white is actually a good combo, i'm not a fan of black wheels at all, no disrespect to those that have them, it's just a personal preference, but it's your car fella, do what you like..

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
Ryan-H said:
I think red and white is actually a good combo, i'm not a fan of black wheels at all, no disrespect to those that have them, it's just a personal preference, but it's your car fella, do what you like..
I for once agree

I really don't like black wheels standard alloy colour for me

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts