VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY MK4 WOULDNT START ONE DAY AFTER A DRIVE THEN GOING BACK TO IT AN HOUR LATER,TOOK HER TO CLIVE ATTHOWES ON DIO MACHINE IT CAME UP WITH CODE G28 IT WAS THE COOLANT TEMP SENSOR,HAD THAT REPLACED THEN A WEEK LATER SHE DID IT AGAIN,SAME CODE CAME UP SO HAD A NEW CRANKSHARFT SENSOR,ANOTHER WEEK LATER DID THE SAME THING SAME CODE COMING UP HAD ANOTHER CRANK SENSOR FITTED INCASE THE FIRST ONE WAS DODGY,A WEEK LATER SAME PROBLEM SHES IN AT CLIVES AGAIN TO HAVE THE WIRING CHECKED WHICH IS ALL GOOD HE CANNOT SEE ANY PROBLEMS......WHAT COULD THIS BE,ALL PARTS HAVE BEEN GENUINE,ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having problems. Why are you SHOUTING? Lol

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having problems. Why are you SHOUTING? Lol
I detect some frustration in the OP's voice, Another member Rwoody had a reoccurring fault appearing and changed lambdas etc but the fault still came up. He ended up changing his ECU to get rid of the fault

·
2,204 Posts
Would be nice but BFH ECUs are rare as hens teeth!

Make sure you're using A) GENUINE crank sensors and
it's seated fully into the block. If the sensor doesn't slot in 100%, it complains it can't see it. So make sure there's no dirt or rust preventing the sensor from seating fully.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts

it's seated fully into the block. If the sensor doesn't slot in 100%, it complains it can't see it. So make sure there's no dirt or rust preventing the sensor from seating fully.
Any 32mhz me7.1.1 will work so long as you map it for the r32?

·
2,204 Posts
You'd think so but sadly not. MK5 R32 ECUs for instance must have a floor mounted pedal, or the throttle doesn't work. MK5 also has different cam sensors, exhaust cam and different VVT position senders, which don't work with MK4 ECUs.

I went through the pain of mixing and matching MK4/MK5 electronics during my R32 Corrado conversion and it was just that, pain!!

BDB from an Audi is similar vintage (same cam sensors etc), but it doesn't work with a MK4 pedal. I think there's a BJE or something which America got, which probably works.

I assume 4 cylinder ME7 only has 4 coil and injector outputs?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
You'd think so but sadly not. MK5 R32 ECUs for instance must have a floor mounted pedal, or the throttle doesn't work. MK5 also has different cam sensors, exhaust cam and different VVT position senders, which don't work with MK4 ECUs.

I went through the pain of mixing and matching MK4/MK5 electronics during my R32 Corrado conversion and it was just that, pain!!

BDB from an Audi is similar vintage (same cam sensors etc), but it doesn't work with a MK4 pedal. I think there's a BJE or something which America got, which probably works.

I assume 4 cylinder ME7 only has 4 coil and injector outputs?
So you use a BFH in the Rado or a MK5/A3. yeah that's right, that's that theory out the window! Not that I was planning on using a different ECU or that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

All parts are genuine,thanks will look into that reguarding it being fully seated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts