VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just a quick one, does anybody have a mk4 without cruise control, then bought it and fitted it?

Is it easy and is it worth it?

I'm driving from Preston to Lyme Regis next Friday night after a full day working and want to make the drive easy.

Cheers for help

·
2,303 Posts
I have yes

Go to vw Teesside they sell the kits at a very decent price and comes with instructions too but it's pretty easy to fit and yes very handy for motorway driving or driving through places with speed cameras

Only thing that's a bugger to do is probablies feeding the wires through the bulk head into the engine bay but a metal coat hanger comes in very handy for it tape wore to end and feed it through and so the block connectors (purple blocks with wires in for fuse box) they are double locked so you need to slide the purple block bit then that releases the first lock then you release them by pressing the tab on the connector with a small screwdriver or you can do what I did ground some tweezers down to suit orrrrrrr you can buy a terminal tool off eBay

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=180875445259

Well worth doing it though I love mine and I think it took me about 2 hours to fit, oh and you'll need a Vagcom or have a look on the list for the nearest person to you with one

I'd offer to help if your near sunderland

1 - 3 of 3 Posts