VW Golf R32 Forum banner

MK4 DPB, 5 Door, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Full Leather 71.5k miles

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dodders 
#1 ·
Overview:

2004 mk4 R32 in pearlescent Blue. 5 door, sat nav, full leather seats, sunroof. 71,574 Miles, owned for 5 years.

Asking Price is £11,000

I've owned the car for 5 years. I bought the car on 65k miles and it currently sits at 71,574. Whilst this is my only car I have never needed to drive for work so have averaged less than 4k miles per year during my ownership. In my 5 years of owning it I've had a lot of work done and have a folder full of receipts for everything carried out.

I'll just list what's been done below:

· Mods:
o Came on H&R springs but I reverted back to standard height. Both sets of springs will come with the car
o Came with Miltek manifolds and tips already done but had a De-cat fitted, I swapped this for a genuine Milltek sports cat and the whole set up now sounds amazing, pops and burbles when you want it to but isn't popping and banging when idling around.
o Forge Silicon hoses fitted
o CDA cold air intake
o After the Sports cat was fitted I took it down to Stealth performance and had a remap - 262 bhp with printout and also had the infamous ECU update done at the same time with launch control and no lift shift enabled
o HPA short shifter fitted
o Strut brace fitted
o ECS tuning Dogbone engine mount fitted
o Timing chains have been checked by Midlands Coding in July 2019 reading -6 and -7
o MTE, lit needles and windows/sunroof up / down via key fob all enabled. The car also had 0 faults.
o I also have the HPA Touchmotion Haldex controller that will go with the car but isn't yet fitted

Cosmetics/Audio:
o Custom made upgraded bi-xenon headlights from a well known forum member
o LED number plate upgrade
o New R centre caps fitted to wheels
o Air vents, and strut brace all carbon wrapped
o Smoked Audi style side indicators
o De-Locked Drivers door (original locking tumbler comes with the car)
o S3 washer cover fitted in engine
o Colour Coded engine bay complete with blue coil covers and tubing
o Black Forge washer / coolant bottle caps
o New Floor mats ordered from forum members (awaiting delivery - deluxe version, black with grey borders)

o Still running the standard Sat Nav head unit with full working MFD Display (no fade) and 6 disc CD changed re-routed to the boot
o Full custom audio install: Hi-Lo converter from the head unit, false floor with illuminated Perspex AMP window showcasing the DLS A6 1200W monoblock amp which powers the 2X Hertz HX150 D subs housed in a custom built enclosure specifically designed to be the optimal air volume for the speakers. The Amp also has an inline remote which is in the centre console so you can control the sub volume whilst driving.

· General / Maintenance
o New battery 1750 miles ago
o MOT'd in August 2019 with only one advisory which is slight corrosion to one of the brake hoses
o Car will have FRESH MOT at the end of May
o Full new genuine VW rear brake set up: Discs, Pads, fluid change and bleed. Car came with Big brakes on it but the Rear brakes needed doing on a previous MOT there and then so had a genuine VW replacement setup ordered and fitted
o 4 Wheel alignment done Feb 2020
o Wheels freshly refurbed
o Latest few services have included Haldex service, spark plugs and brake fluid change.

· Bad bits
o The paint is in good condition but a few age related marks as to be expected
o Whilst the chain readings are approaching the limit (+/-9 according to VW recommendations) the car runs beautifully with no rattling or any other signs things need replacing.

Open to sensible offers and lockdown restrictions apply to any viewings but hopefully test drives will soon again be possible.

Any questions please ask and thanks for looking

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've fresh readings taken yesterday, the chains still read -6, -7 and the car was still cmpletely fault free.

Couple of other little bits, 5 previous owners before me, car comes with one key being the original remote locking fob and another spare 'analogue' key.

Also brand new mats have just been delivered and fitted

Happy to answer any further questions if anyone has any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.