VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think this will be of interest to the mk4 guys/girls who already have remaps or those considering getting a remap.

Had my De-cat fitted today and had a custom R-Tech TIV map. Im the first r32 in the world to have a R-Tech TIV/linear map and i cant put into words just how good it is. I would recommend all mk4 r32 owners consider getting one of these maps, here's a link to my Dyno printout and Nik Gower from R-Tech telling what has been done to increase power throughout the rev range.

I am only running a R-Tech induction kit, Milltek cat back non res exhaust and a Lucifer de-cat along with a new R-Tech TIV+ remap and think the power graphs show what can be achieved with a good map.

259bhp & 258lb/ft torque, nice smooth power throughout the rev range which you dont normally see on N/A engines.

Have a read of the info Nik from R-Tech has posted.

https://www.facebook...t=photo_comment

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Ive got a custom map done by nick. Highly recommend R-tech and I'm really glad to see them being talked about more and more on here. His work is top class!!

·
1,060 Posts
Nik is doing Stage 2+ conversion on my Mk6R. in the coming months!! Just got the get the first service done at VW and get a hospital stay out the way too! He's the only bloke I'd trust with my engine/ecu !.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the link seems to work fine for me.

Have a look on facebook in the R32oc page, dyno print out and comments are in there.

Here's what Nik from r-tech said about the maps and what he has done

Niki R-Tech Gower The graph are the exact same maps, just the smooth map is running our unique TIV mapping to remove unwanted torque interventions which is a flaw in the me7 ecus found in the 3.2 and even the 1.8T. We have been using our TiV mapping on the 1.8t 2.0tfsi and 2.5t ST for 8momths now and the results and feedback have been outstanding.

The reason for TIV

The anti-jerk function detects oscillations of the power train and damps them out by applying opposing-phase torque interventions. The torque intervention is converted into an ignition angle offset by the torque interface.

In order to damp the power train oscillation efficiently, the torque intervention should counteract engine speed oscillations. Thereby the same effect is achieved as if the attenuation coefficient of the drive shaft is increased.

You can have more power/ Performance but still have exact same peak bhp. Peak bhp is only a reading at 1rpm point to show where the max hp point is.

Performance tuning is about getting as much power from the whole power band. The more average bhp the quicker the car.

I would be happy having a car with 230bhp and 200bhp average over a car with 250bhp and 180bhp average.

2hp peak is nothing, it could be a cooler day, better fuel.

The TIV and TIV+ mapping is allowing us to unlock power from the whole of the torque curve its not aimed to get peak numbers. The TIV mapping also transforms the car on part throttle light load driving. At the moment we are the only company to offer this full TIV reduction mapping for ME9 - MED9 and ME7.5 ecus. It wont be long before everyone catches up again..lol

Mk5 stock vs stage1 custom with TIV+

1.8T K04 with stage2 and high flow manifold. This graph shows the same map back to back, the smoother map has just the TIV reduction added, so its running the exact same boost, fuel and timing requests. More power and EGTs where 120deg lower.
This both runs have a low filter in the dyno settings so show whats going on during the run. Most rolling roads will have high filters and the lower run with interventions would look smooth bust still lower power. having a low filter allows us to see where the opposing-phase torque interventions happen. But when we allow the timing with no interventions the graph is smooth and a lot stronger

another good read here - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56544.15.html

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
I might go get this added to my map, do you know if nick can just add the Tiv code to my car as I'm already running R-tech software?

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he will adjust your current map to incorporate the TIV/Linear update. join the group called Vagtalk on facebook and put a message in there, he will then probably reply with what can be done.

I was running a R-Tech map previous

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
I have never seen a R32 with such a bumpy power and torque curve before as your pre TIV/Liner map was.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if thats the case then you will a lot of tuners correcting the graphs to get a smooth curve. All r32's i have seen with various tuners maps on the same dyno have all had bumpy power curves.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also you have to remember this graph is in portrait layout rather than landscape so you can clearly see the power curve, landscape graphs normally dont show the bumps as bad in the power curve.

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
he will adjust your current map to incorporate the TIV/Linear update. join the group called Vagtalk on facebook and put a message in there, he will then probably reply with what can be done.

I was running a R-Tech map previous
I'd just ring him surely its easier than fighting through all the keyboard warriors on that page...just my 2p

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have never seen a R32 with such a bumpy power and torque curve before as your pre TIV/Liner map was.

that because the dyno filters are too high to make graphs to look good but at loss of detail, and if the dyno have a PID X3 based eddy current brake the brake dampens and counter the oposing torque phase. It can be seen on all high speed logging on the road and the dyno. ever .50ms the ecu cuts 10deg of the timing phase.. but cannot be seen with vcds onkly a hight speed 127bit/sec logger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts