VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have had an unfortunate coming together with a large stone in the road with has put a hole in my sump, therefore I am requiring another one asap.

I assume a sump is a reasonably easy job and can just replaced for another one without no computer trickery involved?

Thanks Luke

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
millfischk69 said:
Hi all, i have had an unfortunate coming together with a large stone in the road with has put a hole in my sump, therefore I am requiring another one asap.

I assume a sump is a reasonably easy job and can just replaced for another one without no computer trickery involved?

Thanks Luke
Yeah just remember a gasket and sump plug :)

·
1,538 Posts
Or reinzosil from victor reinze as my mate advised me after I bought the VW sealant

·
4,420 Posts

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
I just bought a new sump from VW for mine.....I had a Heli coil fitted and the arse never put it in straight so it has a slight leak.

The new sump was £138 and sealant was £20

I am not sure but I think I was told there are 2 different ones depending on chassis number...not sure what the difference is? or even if I have made that bit up...lol

I had to supply my chassis number when I bought mine though.

·
1,935 Posts

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your help guys.

Perhaps that the difference between the two then Rich. I will ask if it has a part number stamped on it, and brand new ones from VW are a little cheaper than I thought so may even go down that route.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts