VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Coming from someone who owns a Mk4 and test drove the Mk5 the reviews quite fair.

The Mk4 is way more hardcore to drive, but not sure i agree that you'd be doing more speed in the Mk5.

You defo not be fighting with the car as much, But it feels far more grown up than the Mk4.

·
3,732 Posts
ive driven both and bought the mk4 because i felt it was more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, other than that there really isnt alot in it

·
385 Posts
I love my MK 4, there is a 5 sat on the forecourt of my local stealers at the mo and i pass it every time i go to tescos, I'm still not keen on the look of it, gonna go for test drive one day. Im not having a pop at mk 5 owners btw, its just my opinion on the looks.

·
1,432 Posts
The MkV according to the review and in my eyes is for the more refined older gentleman whereas the MkIV is for us younguns :)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FiftyPenceR32 said:
The MkV according to the review and in my eyes is for the more refined older gentleman whereas the MkIV is for us younguns :)
I'm 26 and buying one in a few months... Does that mean people are going to think I'm 40 and loosing my hair?

·
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very Cherry said:
nah.... theyll just think its your dads car ;):D
You're right! Maybe a sticker in the window saying "This isn't my Dad's car"?... I am planning on the R300 conversion by APS though. Full Milltek, Cams, Air Filter, Remap, Increased Rev Limit, Haldex etc... Should help to identify me as a "young fool". :ridinghorse:

·
3,732 Posts
davefish said:
You're right! Maybe a sticker in the window saying "This isn't my Dad's car"?... I am planning on the R300 conversion by APS though. Full Milltek, Cams, Air Filter, Remap, Increased Rev Limit, Haldex etc... Should help to identify me as a "young fool". :ridinghorse:
thats the spirit :rock: :thrasher:

·
100 Posts
Yep i think the review is quite fair having access to both the IV and V at the moment with me owning the IV and the GF owning a V i've been playing about with both and there's not much in it until you start to really go for it then i would say the IV is defo faster but the V would out handle it and you won't have arms like Sly stalone after a thrash on the B roads either, also the brakes on the V are awesome compared to mine but its only done 1600 miles and mines done 29000 so thats maybe the reason. Having said that i still prefer the IV for looks,noise and hardcore factor but when its a relaxing "quick" drive then the V is the one to go for plus the kids will fit in easier if you have any.

·
748 Posts
Yup, that's a fair piece. Personally I do like the DSG although I traditionally prefer stirring the ol' lever.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts