VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey people, I've got a mk5 r32 (2008) which is giving me some grief! I was wondering if the problem I've got is a common fault or has happened to other cars, basically, when I lock the car at night, the interior light, and door lights under the wing mirrors come back on randomly, then continue to come on and off intermittently through the night. It's killed the original battery (tested battery and it said sling it!), so replaced the battery, and is continuing to do it. My friend has vag software diagnosis and no faults showing!

Is there maybe a module that is freaking out or something?

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Cheers,
Shaun

**edit** the lights come on for around 10-20seconds then go off for say, an hour or so I think! These are the rough timings of thing if its any help!!

·
719 Posts
Wow that is crazy... Maybe try turning off the coming home lighting feature just to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes no difference dude, it's drained a brand new battery in a week. The car gets used every day too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right I've still got this issue! Are there any vw electronics whizzes on here that can help!? I've de pinned the lives on each control unit in the driver and passenger door, no difference, pulled the power to the wing mirrors invade of a chaffed wire inside, still does it, and also had the J519 replaced and coded, still with no effect! And now on battery number 3!

Any help would be brilliant! Thanks a lot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts