VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger door is locked, and for the life of me can't get it unlocked, it's been over two weeks now and being a three door it's a pain. I can hear a double click from the module so guessing the solenoid is stuck?! I've been quoted £140 from the stealers for the new module which I think is steep? Has anyone managed to fix theirs or open it using any other method?

·
229 Posts
I replaced my passenger door lock as it was playing up, luckily for me I did manage to unlock it before it went fully, but I did spend half an hour trying to open it, best way I found was keep flicking the internal lock/unlock switch whilst using the internal handle, for this get a friend unless you've got long arms. once it's open it's not too hard a job, just make sure you dont mix the bolts up on the outer skin as some are longer and may damage it when putting it back together, good luck

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=34343.0

·
79 Posts
This happened to a mate of mines MK5 5dr Golf diesel and another mates MK5 Gti 3dr.

Solution:
Close the driver door and sit in the car
Lock the doors with the internal switch
Reach over to the handle in the passenger side (don't open it yet)
Press the unlock button with the internal switch and open the passenger handle at the same time. You should be opening the passenger door between the two clicks.

The door should unlock now and open. If I remember correctly the door module was still playing up after this but went away and hasn't occurred since (this was 18months ago in the Diesel and a year ago for the GTi). So this is may not a permanent fix but does the trick!

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As if by magic and making me look a fool it opened itself last night, think I may have a crack at replacing the module myself. If it plays up again I will try these to unlock, thanks.

·
229 Posts
Good news, but try to replace it sooner rather than later, cos if it goes completely you have to hack through the door to get it open

1 - 5 of 5 Posts