VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I have a mk5 r32 with high mileage and i have not long owned it. Do you guys find in the morning when you pull away in first then change to second the car lurches a littlle bit?

I tested pulling away in first then slowing rather than changing up and it is the engine braking the car massively. but it only happens once then goes away almost like its cos the car is stone cold. Anyone else get this?

i also find it quite awkward to drive smoothly when pulling away in first an changed from first to second. I have read the box is notchy elswhere what are your thoughts gents

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Hi chap, I'm not the best to answer this as I don't have a MKV yet but try holding the revs at where 2nd gear would naturally rest by gently feathering the accelerator during mid change (neutral). It may be that the revs are dropping away and having to climb up a bit too much when you engage second.

G

·
I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head - I have also read that the gearbox is nothcy, especially between first and second.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
I've also read this, so I got a DSG.

G

·
Mine is a MKIV so I can't comment on your gear box put I have read posts on other forum that it is nothcy - mine can be nothcy too BTW.

I'll have a look see to see if I can find any posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts