Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done it?

Anyone know where I can buy one and will it fit? :dontknow:

GENUINE n/a 841441800 CENTRE BMPR GRILLE GOLF 5 GTi 04- GOLF 5 GTi 2004-
FRT CENTRE BUMPER GRILLE £8.48

if thats right, seems cheap!

·
1,084 Posts
I agree, I was considering the same photoshop request.

Or maybe the chromed/polished centre bit on a MKV Jetta would better than Alu finish.

The MkV GTi is much nicer looking than the MkV R IMO.

Looks-wise Mkiv R vs MkV GTi would be an interesting debate, to sort out the 'smoothies' from the 'chunkies'.

J.

(I'm fundamentally a chunky, my first car was a big bumper Mk2 GTi)

·
1,084 Posts
If the Alu part of the front end was kept, a black centre grill may look odd. (May need a black badge, but still can't picture it)

Has anybody ever seen a debadged, bonnet filled MkV?

J

Anyway, to answer the original post, I don't think it is possible unless you have a GTi front bumper. The Alu bit of R32 is different to all other MkV's

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Why not make it look like the R-Gti (...because it's not in production) :084:

On a more practical note, you would need to replace the entire R32 front as the chrome central area will not fit the GTI (see pic).

I've been thinking about this myself. Another thing to consider is that the US market has just started receiving delivery of their 5000 allocation so there should be a few more aftermarket options in 6 months time. My plan at the moment is to maybe go with the full Oettinger kit like the pic below.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who's thinking of changing the look of their MKV.

·
3,732 Posts
davefish said:
Why not make it look like the R-Gti (...because it's not in production) :084:

On a more practical note, you would need to replace the entire R32 front as the chrome central area will not fit the GTI (see pic).

I've been thinking about this myself. Another thing to consider is that the US market has just started receiving delivery of their 5000 allocation so there should be a few more aftermarket options in 6 months time. My plan at the moment is to maybe go with the full Oettinger kit like the pic below.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who's thinking of changing the look of their MKV.
that looks a little peugeot looking if you know what i mean

having a mk4 mean i dont need to kit, but i do agree with you that the mk5 could do with a littl emore of an aggressive fettling

the RSi/Rgti looks got my vote aaaaaaalllllllllll the way :D

·
2,548 Posts
Tokyo Dub said:
Are you referring to the R32 at the top? That's the Reiger front splitter isn't it? I'm not sure I like the double chin, looks a bit OTT imo.
----------------------
We posted at the same time ;-) Not too sure about that mate.

G

·
Tokyo Dub said:
This is for the lazy clickers.

VW racing splitter

this this really good - some Vortex members really don't hang about with their mods.

Nice fat Milltek too

Looking good with the V3s on too

Best MKV I've seen so far - not sure on the wheels though, or the seats, but the guy has a good mod list :151:

·
3,732 Posts
davefish said:
Are you referring to the R32 at the top? That's the Reiger front splitter isn't it? I'm not sure I like the double chin, looks a bit OTT imo.
----------------------
We posted at the same time ;-) Not too sure about that mate.
earns the chav label for me, way too ott needs to be more subtle

·
1,084 Posts
I like that R-line! Never seen it before.

Would like to see one in black with that shiny front, although would need daily cleaning. Nice rims and stance too.

Come on photoshoppers, where are you...?

Agree with you VC about the rear though.

Speaking of the peugeot look, do you reckon the eyebrow spoilers make the grey R on my/khutula's post look like an Astra....? (not feeling any eyebrows in general).

Not sure about the R-Gti or Oettinger, very DTM look if you like that style.

I wouldn't do any of these to my car though, would rather spend on performance gains or subtle visual changes. The 'OEM+' look. The cost of entire front bumper assy is no-way justified just for a black grille.

Much simpler would be to change the silver strips on MkV R32 grille to black....

This Jetta looks quite tough too. I like the lack of rubbing strips. It makes the lower vents on the R look a bit rubbish (maybe thats my lack of editing skills though). I'm very grateful we don't get those side lights on the bumper!

Just my 2p's as always. Each to their own at the end of the day.:D James.

·
3,732 Posts
Tokyo Dub said:
Speaking of the peugeot look, do you reckon the eyebrow spoilers make the grey R on my/khutula's post look like an Astra....? (not feeling any eyebrows in general).
now that you point it out, yes

Tokyo Dub said:
Much simpler would be to change the silver strips on MkV R32 grille to black....
ooh.... loving that, thats a very nice touch.... THATS how the front should look from factory! :D

·
2,548 Posts
Although I risk being branded a looser, I currently have 193MB's of MkV GTI/R32 photos on my PC (860 pics). I thought I'd go through them briefly and pick out some that have relevance to this thread. All comments welcome...

More of the R-line/Jetta look

R32 with grill painted black

R32 with grill painted blue

More of the R32 Rieger kit

R32 Zender kit

--------------------------------------------------

Also I've added a pic below of an exhaust layout (like MKIV) which I think looks much better than the two close in the middle.

And finally, a "Photoshop" I did around 4 months ago converting a GTI to an R32 (bit OTT but interesting to do).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts