VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-o ...anyone seen the Revo'd stats for the new Mk5 GTI?!?

I was just having another look to see if there was anything on the R32 and came across it...

255bhp & 285torque !! Man...thats a massive improvement! :hmpf:

Anyone out there that has both the R32 & Mk5 golf?

Would like to know how handling & compares between the 2 :p

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
handling wont touch the R32, 250bhp is way too much for a front wheel drive car.

In the wet the front end would be all over the place

:creep:

·
3,732 Posts
agreed, although i think 300bhp is about the limit for a front wheel drive car, anymore should be on a rear or four wheel drive setup

to quote jeremy clarkson - front wheel drive cars would be like front wheel drive bicycles, too much power while steerin would kill you

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're both right. Used to have a 1.8T golf and after having that chipped with a new turbo valve, found the biggest problem was using all the power without too much wheel spin.

That was main reason I got the :R :D Still loving it hahha

Curiosity..what can I say :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had the mkiv R then a mkv Gti then back to a mkv R and although there wasnt much in it performance wise the handling of the R is way better than the standard Gti without a doubt !!

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
aye straight line wise in the dry it would be quick although you'd have to fight it to keep straight.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
The handling of the MkV R against my ol' MkIV V6 is just sooo much better.

Had a guy in a Micra try and race me yesterday... race finished when I went past him at 95.... :proud:

·
3,732 Posts
JayCee said:
The handling of the MkV R against my ol' MkIV V6 is just sooo much better.

Had a guy in a Micra try and race me yesterday... race finished when I went past him at 95.... :proud:
pick on someone your own size :D;)

·
544 Posts
i had a 270bhp leon cupra r before my r32 and in the dry it was awesome but go into a corner a bit hard well:burnout: the back was all over but the r32 you can give it some in the corners,in the wet well the R32 comes into its own and just sticks to the road.
I have just bought an audi A3 that is the same as the Golf GTI and the new 2.0T is a good engine and its pretty quick but it does struggle to put the power down if you give it some but it will be getting the remap done very soon so will compare them back to back or will have to race the wife :fight: to see what happens around a twisty track ;).

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol B15!! I think I would have went down that exact route if I didn't get married this year!

Saw a MkV black R today on a VW foreblack, very nice!

However, still quite happy with mine, no need yet :p

Hehehe yeah, let us know how it is MATR32. Would be interesting. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts