VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to split my headlights to spray inside black has any1 done this and isit easy?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andd the outcome??? Lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read somewere it can be done with headgun too? I dont like the silver it looks crap to much wi my car bin silver wheels bin silver front bit were number plate is silver lol want to break it up

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I read somewere it can be done with headgun too? I dont like the silver it looks crap to much wi my car bin silver wheels bin silver front bit were number plate is silver lol want to break it up
Don't see why it wouldn't work, try on a scrap one first?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do

·
172 Posts
Why would you want to? would this pass the next MOT if you did this, can't see why anyone would want to cut down the light output of the headlights.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wud pass MOT and its not cutting down light there xenon not normal bulb headlights! Xenon shine straight out of do e normal bule reflect

·
719 Posts
Time and patience there bit of a bitch but they do come apart eventually heathen is a bit too much but I put them in oven for 5 mins on full then used the hair dryer, it makes you really nervous with expensive lights

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
Wouldn't advise on putting them in the oven as you risk ruining the ballasts etc..........

When I did mine for the OSIR inserts, I used a heat gun to warm up the lip around the headlight which I then folded back slightly and then cut out the glue with a stanley blade..........

Reverse is the same tbh, make sure you get all off the old glue out 1st then heat the lip again and fold down till you get a snug fit-then apply some sealant and leave for at least 24 hrs..............make sure you do the whole process somewhere warm too as will help keep them mist free in the future

·
719 Posts
I stripped the ballasts and everything else's off the lights and sealed them with windscreen sealant

1 - 12 of 12 Posts