VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was about to grab a genuine VW replacement brake light from this guy on Ebay when I noticed this one as well for a Seat. The part numbers are almost the same (just the vehicle code part differing, and the revision being a bit lower) and visually it looks almost identical other than what looks like a solid 90 degree outlet for the cable. It's considerably cheaper while not being a dodgy £20 Chinese rip-off job which I'm trying to avoid so looks like a decent option to me...

Does anyone know for sure if this particular part number will fit a Mk5 R32 OK? If not this one, are there any other part numbers for other VAG cars that might be a like-for-like replacement?

Ta in advance!

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you haven't bought a "dodgy Chinese rip-off job", then don't knock them. Most of them are pretty good, and a huge saving on "dodgy ebay rip-off jobs" , which this one could well be.
I have actually, so I guess I can knock away! Bought one that looked ideal in the photos which showed it having the waterproof grommet round the connector and the metal threaded bits for the screws, but it came with empty holes and bare wires where the grommet should be. Even if I could have recovered the threaded sleeves from the old one and somehow glued them in, the damned thing didn't even fit properly anyway, with sizeable gaps all round. Not making that mistake again, hence the original question. Anyone got any idea if the Seat one would fit?

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah bit of a shame really! If anyone's found a properly fitting one for less than £66 and it had both the grommet and metal inserts as per the original, I'd be most grateful if you could let me know where you found it. Triple the price is pretty hard to swallow without being sure there isn't anything decent for a bit less...

Ta!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts