VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I removed all my various bulbs yesterday as I'm replacing them with LEDs and noticed that the passenger footwell lamp wasn't on. I removed it and it turns out it's not actually plugged in. I had a filch around the orifice it came out of but couldn't feel any rogue leads. So my question is, should it actually be plugged into the loom? Or is it a 'dummy' lamp?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have just done all my bulbs and my passanger side footwell light has a plug off the loom did this light come on before or has it always been off

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have just done all my bulbs and my passanger side footwell light has a plug off the loom did this light come on before or has it always been off
Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. I don't recall it ever coming on and it was a surprise to find out I had a light the to be honest.
Will remove some trim and see if I can find the loom.

Paul

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I found the lead/ plug! Someone had tucked it right the way behind the carpet at the front of the footwell. The car has after market speakers and an aftermarket entertainment/ satnav unit installed so I suspect it was the monkees who installed that (I've already re-wired the speakers). They put the foot well lamp in back to front too!

It's all working though so just need to order another couple of LEDs to complete the set now.

Paul

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you want some extra bling, boldsport.com sell a kit to install the footwell lights for the rear. I have installed them in my car and set the lights to glow at night. If you feel at the bottom of the front seats in the rear, you will feel the hole to clip the lights into. The kit requires you to connect the wires to the front footwell lights. It is a bit of effort but worth it. I removed the seats and ran the new wires with the wiring already going to the seat bases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts