VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Currently im doing on rear differential replacement due to its cracked previous. In Malaysia there have limited stock of this particular part. The original final drive is 0AV with haldex clutch generation II.

Can i replace it by 0BR drive with generation IV? Any other term need to treat. What about the controller is able to pnp?

For MK5 R32 2008.

Appreciate if anyone can answer the question.

Regards.
Christ

·
Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
884 Posts
Morning. Probably not the answer you want but the gen 4 Haldex requires the later ecu and abs unit as it uses different signals from the gen2 . So, although the diff and Haldex from a gen 4 will fit physically , the control systems are likely to give you a headache . However, your key problem is the diff casing . Pretty sure your gen2 Haldex and clutch will fit the later (mk6 R ) casing which might be a help . However, I suggest a bit more research before emptying your wallet . The easy solution is a replacement from a similar car .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the cracked/fracture line of diff casing is came from internal impact. I heard diff banging hardly and then has impact. This is cause of the diff crack.
But for the main fault im still not found. I assume the main cause is from haldex unit problem, at specific area maybe pressure relief valve.

Yes, agree with you. The easy way it replace from a similar car.

You have any suggestion which online platform for second hand part?

·
Registered
884 Posts
In the U.K., on eBay or U.K. salvage sites , a number of complete rear diffs are available. The horror will be the shipping which I imagine will cost a fortune . However, all might not be lost. The mk6golf R with the gen4 you say is more readily available. The casing and diff from that car will be mechanically identical to your Golf , so that would give you a start . Your gen 2 Haldex will fit into that casing , so , assuming your Haldex is working , you could do the repair that way. If not , then getting a gen 2 Haldex in the U.K. is not difficult and the postage will be much less because it is no where near as heavy and bulky

·
Registered
884 Posts
Update . Just found a complete rear axle with shafts, diff, Haldex, hubs , arms etc in Scotland for £300. Not much use to you as there is at least 3000miles of very deep water between you and it . So not much help but does indicate that at least the stuff is available .

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sure that your plan to use the mk6 diff and your gen2 Haldex is the best way forward. The stuff I found is on Facebook. I just searched for Mk5 golf r32 rear differential and it popped up .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,
Sorry for the late update. The work repair has done last week. Foreman no faced any blocking issue during job to combine haldex gen2 with mk6r diff set. At the begining we doubt on the differencies of bearing and shaft pinion gear. See photos attached. We try to assembly and it fit well. In a week i running test around 90 km then no issue at all. Appreciate and thanks to Andy for best way suggestion.

Automotive tire Tread Camera lens Tire Camera accessory

MK5 R32 Diff
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fluid Drinkware Rim

MK6R Diff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts