VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if swapping the catback of a Mk5 R32 and a Mk6 R are straight swap or if it needs to be modified?

Thanks!
Yes it fits. I just did it to mine an hour ago, perfect fit, took about 40 mins on the ground but should be a 20 min job. Haven't taken it for a spin yet, will do it tonight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update after testing on the road:
At idle there is a nicer warble. When accelerating it is a lot louder. Embarrasingly loud actually because even at low pedal pressure when accelerating from the lights ,it sounds like you are racing. The DSG farts are much more rattly. Definitely a cop magnet on roads. However, I managed to tame it and I am very pleased. This required remapping. Normally in N,1, and 2 the exhaust flap servo is left in its resting position(LOUD) regardless of the ecu map,but in gears 3,4,5,6 the map is followed, which activates the servo (QUIET) below about 3800 rpm at a low load. Above 3800 and at medium to high loads the servo is allowed to go to its resting position and the car is again loud.
So the fix was to make gears 1 and 2 also follow the map and to change the map to allow noise at idle and just little above, then no more until about 4800 with high loads.
Now the car is still louder than before driving normal, but not enough to anger the neighbors or cops and only goes mental when I actually want it to. I have not taken it for long trips but the cabin did not seem too drone when cruising , but I still need to carefully check that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts