VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im still new to the site, ive have my R32 MK5 for nearly 1 year and im getting a strange noise from the exhaust or exhaust manifold, (its sounds like its gurgling,) i took it to my local garage who services my cars and they had a look, but could not pinpoint the problem.
They said its either the Exhaust Manifold leaking or the Pipes just before the CATS ( sorry dont know what they are called)

has anyone had anything similar problems?

thanks in advance

Burhaan

·
4,134 Posts
I know the the noise you are talking about. The garage are correct in what they're saying and it can be difficult to differentiate wether it is the manifold or down pipe/front pipe. If its that bad then there should be tell tale signs of black where the exhaust gases are leaking.
Take it back and ask them to investigate further, they should be able to get underneath with a light source and see the blacking then give you a definitive answer.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,320 Posts
First place i would look at would be the flexy section in the down pipes as they tend to crack. I am getting a replacement pipe made up at the moment for another member with the same problem.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,320 Posts
I sale custom made bigger bore free flowing MK4 and MK5 exhaust systems plus de-cats and sports cats.
Mk5 de-cat pipe £270 delivered or £470 delivered with 200 cell sports cats fitted.
http://www.r32oc.com/topic/49421-mk5-de-cat-pipes/page__hl__de-cat

If you just want the car back on the road as cheap as possible you could get the flexy joints cut out and new fitted. It`s just that your standard cats are worth £75+ at a scrap yard plus time and hassle of getting the standard pipe fixed your half way to a complete new down pipe with new cats and flexy which flow better which can be swapped straight over in a couple hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts