VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, right to get to the point, for some reason my MK5 R32, wont go into any gear.
The engine starts perfectly fine, no issues there. But when its on, I cant shift it to any gear at all, when holding the clutch down. It is not displaying anything on the dash,
But I can put it into gear and start it up, it drives on that sense, but then when running I cant shift it into any other gears.

Does anyone know what the issue could possibly be? It was perfectly fine yesterday.

Thanks, I really appreciate your time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also just to add, I think the clutch feels a little loose when I press it, or maybe its just me, but it dont feel the same.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
transfer box? what exactly is that? and I mean I was told it could be a valve from the gear box or something like that. Is it fixable? I mean its unreal how it worked yesterday and not today!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well it's basically a box that sends the power down to the front and the rear axle. To be fair I'm not even sure if the haldex system uses one. But it's a all wheel drive thing. Mine had basically come detached so nothing would work. Wouldn't even let me select a gear. Wasn't particularly cheap. I don't know a lot at all though sure someone else on here soon will know...

... Or call me a twonk because there's no transfer box on an R32 or something!

But the symptoms are identical!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aha thanks
I understand. I was reading a little more into it, and I think that it may need a new clutch. mine seems very still and when I put it into gear and turn on the engine and try to release the clutch it make a sort of cracking noise.

·
210 Posts
Sounds like the clutch as collapsed mate or release bearings failed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts