VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Im Avi!

I am new on this! Just like to say Hello to everyone first of All.
Ok!
So, I am a young driver, and I own a MK5 R32,
I love it, its so beautiful, and I believe its quite steady to drive! Befor I bought it I was debating weather on getting a GTI or the R32.
But, its what I have landed with and tbh, I am happy.

Ok, the matter now is POWER. I am sure we all love speed and noise! But I just need a little advice.
How can I get more BHP and Torque on my car?
I think the standard is 250bhp, I would really enjoy a little more. I was reading a bit, and I have heard that,
you can buy a turbo, and a new air intake, which could boost it up.

Any ideas guys? I am not that knowledgeable on this type of car,
so please bare with me if I have more questions. There are a few other things I would like to ask,
but I shall keep that aside for me.
Thanks in advance.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
What countary are you from?

These cars are expensive to tune. Always start with breathing mods for more power. Induction kit or Panel filter, then cat back exhaust and a de-cat if you plan to turbo the car

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am from England dude, Well London. Ah this is exactly why I said bare with me lol, I am hopeless. I had a lexus is220d before this. I have never had a pretol car before. Breathing mods? is that what is near the engine? that massive like, tube? Induction kit? Ah man I really am hopeless, sorry for sounding stupid.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I am from England dude, Well London. Ah this is exactly why I said bare with me lol, I am hopeless. I had a lexus is220d before this. I have never had a pretol car before. Breathing mods? is that what is near the engine? that massive like, tube? Induction kit? Ah man I really am hopeless, sorry for sounding stupid.
The car needs to breath in and out likewe do, the easier and more efficiently it can breath the better burn/bang/bhp you get.

Breathing in
Induction kit = expensive but effective at getting cold air into the car
Panel filter = cheaper alternative to the above

Breathing out
'Cat back' = 2 piece exhaust system made of stainless steel (doesnt corrode) and will exhaust spent gases efficiently
De-Cat = (probably best to leave this for now actually)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice info!
I can understand the car needs to breath. How much would an induction kit cost? And where could I get one from?
And, cat back? does the golf not that that on it? Or am i sounding silly thinking that because I see two exhause pipes at the back?
Thanks dude.
Oh p.s what BHP would I get from the two without the de-cat?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
imalegend said:
Nice info!
I can understand the car needs to breath. How much would an induction kit cost? And where could I get one from?
And, cat back? does the golf not that that on it? Or am i sounding silly thinking that because I see two exhause pipes at the back?
Thanks dude.
Oh p.s what BHP would I get from the two without the de-cat?
Induction kit 100-200 new or up to £150 2nd hand. Have a look at one of our sponsors websites or look in the for sale section.

Yes there obviously is a cat back on it but its very restrictive,

You will increase BHP by around 15-20 depending on who's rollers you go on. BHP is just bragging rights more than anything :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here is a picture of my Neuspeed p flo induction kit, was £210 new from awesome gti, they also sell a much tidier looking Forge kit, only an extra 8 BHP but just like the Tesco advert .....every little helps

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha just bragging rights! I like that! and thanks! where can I find the sponsers? And nice photo! That Looks great!
I like that a lot! I would love to get something like that! Just wish I knew where to start!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
imalegend said:
haha just bragging rights! I like that! and thanks! where can I find the sponsers? And nice photo! That Looks great!
I like that a lot! I would love to get something like that! Just wish I knew where to start!
Haha ask away pal. I knew very little when I joined this forum in august 2012 many hours and many earbashings from the Mrs it's a different story!

Sponsors are on the homepage. Have a look at awesome gti they sell everything you will ever need but ring them and haggle, you will get a few quid off but it all helps. Especially if your a returning customer.

My car is no where near finished! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn haha I would love to kit it up. I'm on their website now. Oh one thing worries me. When I drives
For like 30 mins and rev it hard as I like too. When I park and turn th engine off. I can still hear air or something going through or working. Is that normal ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
You will end up spending a lot! of money if you want increased bhp... N/A engines are never the route to go down for tuning. FI is the way forward if you want big gains and you mentioned adding a turbo to a mk5
You're talking thousands of pounds even though it will be cool as f**k

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha man I'm not looking to spend that much ever!! Haha. Ive heard of turbos for sale for like 500 pounds but I guess it won't happen now. To hell with it haha.
but as for the engine cooling down. Does that happen when it's off?

·
1,066 Posts
Haha man I'm not looking to spend that much ever!! Haha. Ive heard of turbos for sale for like 500 pounds but I guess it won't happen now. To hell with it haha. :)/> but as for the engine cooling down. Does that happen when it's off?
Hi and welcome to R32 ownership.

If you've been driving hard and then switch off the engine the radiator fans will still run for a period of time so that is normal.

Alan

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
imalegend said:
Haha man I'm not looking to spend that much ever!! Haha. Ive heard of turbos for sale for like 500 pounds but I guess it won't happen now. To hell with it haha.
but as for the engine cooling down. Does that happen when it's off?
Do not touch that cheapo turbo!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahhh ok! i undertand! I wont touch it! what bout amd tuning in essex? are they any good? can they do much for me? im only looking to spend about 2-300? for the time being!

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
imalegend said:
ahhh ok! i undertand! I wont touch it! what bout amd tuning in essex? are they any good? can they do much for me? im only looking to spend about 2-300? for the time being!
Yeah, phone them and ask them what they recommend for £300. I'd recommend a 2nd hand exhaust first

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
imalegend said:
Nice!!!! Thanks!! I'll give that Essex place a go!! Thanks! Love you guys!!
Don't expect a lot for £300 though. £1000 will see a remap exhaust and induction kit with a bit of change from AMD

1 - 20 of 34 Posts