VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Batman Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone. I'm looking at going to vw to claim for the rust in my arches. Just after the best advice on how to go about it. Anyone who has already done it your experience would be a great help. I don't want then to try fob me off.

Thanks Stefan.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
They won't. Go in strong and start a warranty claim. Do you use a dealer often? If so it should make your life easier

·
993 Posts
Tell them to cut a bit of foam off. Foam under the wing goes to the corners and keep the moisture there.
I had same issue but couldn't be bothered to argue with them so friend painted the affected wing for me. Not cheaper but very quick without raised adrenaline if you know what I mean :)
Good luck with VW.

·
Batman Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just spoke to them and said pop down. Not a bad start as the guy said its common on the golf at the front.
I have it in the rear too.

·
300 Posts
I had this on my 06 plate R both wings started to go rusty and a very small rust scab on rear arch took it to vw where they did a paint test to see if it had ever been painted before as it was all original vw finally put two new wings on and repaired rear arch they had the car for a week and I had a courtesy polo from them the car was flawless when it come back very good job it took about 4 months of phone calls for them to get round to doing it and I had to pay for paint blend £200 which I was not that happy about

1 - 7 of 7 Posts